Trip Club November 2016

21stamps

Is it just me, or is WDW making things extra-difficult for us this year? I know that there are always last-minute schedule changes and refurb announcements, but I feel like there's been exponentially more "last-minute-messing-around" by WDW this year, causing a lot of unnecessary annoyance and stress.

My family has been planning our upcoming visit (arriving 11/14) for over 18 months now. We arrive in 20 days. As of right now:
- Disney scheduled an "Early Morning Magic" event on our HS day months after our ADRs were made, after it was too late to choose a different day to visit HS, so that our rope drop arrival plans are all but useless
- Disney announced Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! after ADRs AND FP+ were already made, and it will be impossible for us to see it without sacrificing an ADR (which we won't, so we'll have to miss it)
- Disney has yet to announce if and when PizzeRizzo (something in which we are VERY interested) will open, even though we structured our HS touring plan around it, hoping for a "fall opening" that didn't wait until the last day of fall or later
- Disney has yet to reveal whether Rivers of Delay, er, I mean, Light will open by the time of our visit, OR to schedule minor meet-and-greets at AK, leaving our AK day planning in limbo
- Disney didn't announce the extension of the Dinosaur refurb until it was too late for us to shift our dates around and visit AK after it [supposedly] reopens, so we'll miss it

Have other years been this bad and I've simply forgotten about it, or is Disney asking us to plan further and further ahead, while Disney can't be bothered to do its own scheduling until it's too late for us to change ours?

(And before anybody responds with "seriously lady, it's not that big a deal!" -- I know it isn't. My complaint is a petty, First World problem, and of course we will still go and have a good time even if Disney doesn't deliver on any of the above.) I'm just annoyed - thanks for letting me vent!

I understand venting. A Galactic Spectacular going on hiatus was a punch in the gut to me!!! I am excited for the Jingle Bam show and ended up booking the dessert party. I wanted to do Minnie's Holiday Dine, but we just won't have the time to do both.
Worst thing- Gasparilla Island Grill will be closed, and for the first time I was planning on a lot of quick service (trying to not schedule too many character meals and have them dictating our days again.)

Right now I am ANXIOUSLY and NERVOUSLY awaiting the Jedi Training schedule!!!!

Last edited:

21stamps

GUYS what do I pack? It's saying 80s in the day then sometimes as low as 55 at night! I went November 2011 and don't remember it being really cold.. HELP a sister out lol
Uggs. Sneakers. Lots of leggings. Tee shirts. Sweatshirts. Hoodies. Headbands that cover your ears. One pair of gloves. Scarves. A few pair of shorts. Layers,layers,layers!!!

It also depends on if you're an always hot or always cold person.. I'm definitely the latter.

Edited to add- regarding the sweatshirts and hoodies, bring a few lightweight ones and a few thicker ones...and a couple of fleece zip ups.

21stamps

@prfctlyximprct I may not be the best one to take advice from..this is me last September which of course is very different weather than November. Shorts and tank during the day for me..but at night I was cool and used a lightweight sweatshirt.
image.jpeg

@Courtney6682 no posing for the camera here. I was literally praying that my kid wouldn't freak out.lol

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Uggs. Sneakers. Lots of leggings. Tee shirts. Sweatshirts. Hoodies. Headbands that cover your ears. One pair of gloves. Scarves. A few pair of shorts. Layers,layers,layers!!!

It also depends on if you're an always hot or always cold person.. I'm definitely the latter.

Edited to add- regarding the sweatshirts and hoodies, bring a few lightweight ones and a few thicker ones...and a couple of fleece zip ups.
Man I have all sundresses laid out.. guess I better start rearranging some outfits! My luggage is going to be so overweight LOL

21stamps

Man I have all sundresses laid out.. guess I better start rearranging some outfits! My luggage is going to be so overweight LOL
Just bring some cardigans to wear over them.

I feel ya on the luggage. It's 7.5 months away and I'm already stressing over Alaska. Seattle can be in the 80s, Glacier Bay is apparently in the 30s. No clue how I'm going to plan that wardrobe while staying within the correct luggage weight.lol

Weather_Lady

GUYS what do I pack? It's saying 80s in the day then sometimes as low as 55 at night! I went November 2011 and don't remember it being really cold.. HELP a sister out lol

In what part of the country do you live? If you're a northerner, it's not going to feel as cold to you.

Coming from NY, we're packing shorts/capris/tees for every day, plus a hoodie and a pair of jeggings for early mornings/late evenings.

Weather_Lady

BTW, I just got a notification that my Splash Mountain FP+ for the evening of Sunday, 11/20 had been changed to an earlier time because there is a "ticketed event" going on at Splash (and only Splash) from 7am-12am (even though the park closes at 11pm) that night. Any ideas on what's up with that?

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

In what part of the country do you live? If you're a northerner, it's not going to feel as cold to you.

Coming from NY, we're packing shorts/capris/tees for every day, plus a hoodie and a pair of jeggings for early mornings/late evenings.
I'm coming from philly so I'm assuming it'll feel much warmer there! My last two trips have been in August so I'm sure it will be much less humid! Haha

jlsHouston

Well I think it is more difficult planning my November trip this year. I am chalking it more up to the size of my travel party versus previous years though, I have 6 adults, 3 kids and 2 infants. I can tell you this has not been fun at all trying to coordinate ADR's and FP's.

Weather_Lady

How's everybody doing? Just a random, totally trivial update, for no reason or purpose other than I am excited to the point of bubbling over.

We're now at T-7 days. Everything we needed to buy (e.g., snacks, toiletries) is purchased, our carryons and packing cubes have been fetched from the storage area and placed in our bedroom (mainly because I love looking at them), kids' clothes have been selected and are sitting in a laundry basket until it's time to pack (I just set aside their outfits when I "turned over" their closets from their summer clothes to fall/winter a couple of weeks ago - no sense packing it all away and having to haul it out again), our foodstuffs (for in-room breakfasts) are packed and clothing/toiletry packing list finalized, and our touring plans are in near-final form (pending any last-minute changes to park hours and entertainment schedules).

Thank goodness that between a full-time job, the kids' band and Scout activities, DH's and my church obligations, management of a couple of ongoing health issues of mine, making appointments for car repair (somebody rear-ended me last week), cleaning the entire house and stocking up on Thanksgiving dinner supplies (in a state of unrealistic optimism, I offered to host Thanksgiving for the whole family even though we won't get back from WDW until the Monday before), and supervising the kids' schoolwork (we want them to complete all the assignments they'll miss before we leave - they have Friday off, so we can divide up the work over 2-3 days before we go) I have plenty to keep me from sitting around and twiddling my thumbs between now and our departure. Still -- every time I have a spare second to stop and breathe, all I can think is, "I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!" :happy:

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

I'll be in the World sporadically 11/21 - 11/29! I say sporadically since I am there to visit my folks in Cocoa Beach for Thanksgiving so will be doing a couple park days and around the World touring here and there. Have a huge day/night out planned for the 23rd so if anyone wants to meet for a drink or something message me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom