Trip Report Nov 4-7 MK and Coronado Springs

Just finished a quick trip to WDW for a work conference and here are my observations. Coronado Springs is good for a conference. Pros: updated room is very nice, lots of power outlets, quiet and great mousekeeping. Also, the Mayan Grill was good, too. Cons: the bar is understaffed and undersized for large conference groups. Noted this last year and again we left without being served. Pool under refurbishment and major construction on property with a high rise resort building being added. It looks like it will be quite impressive when finished next year.

Went to Magic Kingdom twice and the holiday decorations are up and look nice. Dinner at Be Our Guest has improved since our first couple of trips a few years ago and was able to make reservations online thirty minutes before we wanted to eat. I missed the magic carts delivering the meals but our server was terrific and it has a much improved wine/beer selections.

Caught the fireworks and it was terrific as always but did miss Wishes. It seems a little less memorable and I’ll need to see it again to try to pinpoint why.

Pros: holiday decorations, cast members, cast members, cast members and did I mention cast members! Be Our Guest, the resort, the convention center. Cons: For a Tuesday nite in early November it seemed really crowded, the MK women restrooms were really dirty both Tuesday nite and Sunday afternoon. Someone commented that maybe it seemed so dark in parts of the park so we couldn’t see the dirtiness 😬. On both visits, I did not see anyone near the restrooms cleaning, getting ready to clean, or finishing up. it was sad to see. My Disney magic app seemed to be having problems for the three days. I was unable to link a one day park ticket to me which meant we were unable to do fast passes. Also unable to make dining reservations for several hours Tuesday. For a short visit with just me, not a big deal and I know how to fix it but it would be frustrating for newbies or if on vacation.

Attachments

• 99947D72-404B-4E52-88DD-9946748BB845.jpeg
    99947D72-404B-4E52-88DD-9946748BB845.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 357DD1DE-C9A7-48E5-948F-FC51FE3571E0.jpeg
    357DD1DE-C9A7-48E5-948F-FC51FE3571E0.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 55
  • A8F5E12C-DC02-401A-A7FC-5FDBDC00368E.jpeg
    A8F5E12C-DC02-401A-A7FC-5FDBDC00368E.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 58

Janyaz

My family and I are annual pass holders and as such, go several times per month. My husband and I have noticed recently how unkempt the parks seem to be getting. Lots of trash on the ground ... no one in sight cleaning up. (We used to see that quite frequently in our visits there.). In fact, we were standing in line for the tram from Epcot one night and Inoticed some trash at the skews ... cast member was just standing there ... did nothing about pickimg up trash. (As a former cast member, I can tell you that is NOT how we were trained!). I have also noticed the women’s rest rooms have beeen lacking in attendance ... I can’t remember which park we were in but it was borderline disgusting! Disney needs to get back to basics ... they’re charging more and more and services/standards are going by the wayside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom