Not staying on property questions

Jeannemccabe

Original Poster
We will be staying at Shades of Green. A fabulous resort, great location. My concern is the lack of fast pass plus for our family. Does anyone have current experience with using the kiosks when you get to the park. Are you able to do everything you want? My fear is that all if the things we want to do with FP will betaken-up by resort guests. SOG is a great military benefit, but we are missing out on some Disney benefits. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated

Goofyernmost

I don't think anyone can forecast individual days. We can only report what happened when we were there. In January, I arrived at MK after 11 am. I went to the kiosk and the CM helped me through the process which took less then 5 minutes chose the three that I wanted and "magically" I got all three. One was Peter Pan and I had never before been able to get one of those arriving that late.

Did the same thing the next day at Epcot, but they have a tiered system so you may not be able to get Soarin and Test Track at the same time. The day I went Test Track was down so I choose 3 others (one of them Soarin) and got them all. Again after 11 am.

I'm sure everyday is different depending on crowd levels, but, I was amazed at the ones I got and the times were actually very good. As the commercial says... your mileage may differ, but, my experience was top notch. Good luck with yours.

Hint if the first kiosk you come to has a line, keep looking! There are a number of kiosks and if you move further into the park it is pretty easy to find one with a smaller line. Not always necessary, but just a tip.:)

Clamman73

We will be staying at Shades of Green. A fabulous resort, great location. My concern is the lack of fast pass plus for our family. Does anyone have current experience with using the kiosks when you get to the park. Are you able to do everything you want? My fear is that all if the things we want to do with FP will betaken-up by resort guests. SOG is a great military benefit, but we are missing out on some Disney benefits. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated

EDIT: See response below

If you buy your RFID ticket beforehand, you can link it and make fastpass choices, but you won't receive a magic band as things stand now with non-resort guests.

Last edited:

Rob562

If you buy your RFID ticket beforehand, you can link it and make fastpass choices, but you won't receive a magic band as things stand now with non-resort guests.

Sorry, but that is not (currently) the case. Guests who are not staying on-site only have access to FP+ same-day unless they have Annual Passes.

That may change between now and the OP's trip, but as of this moment regular ticketholders do not have advance FP+ access. (If you link your ticket to MDE you *can* see your FP+ reservations on the app after you've made them at an in-park kiosk, but you cannot make or change them)

-Rob

Clamman73

Sorry, but that is not (currently) the case. Guests who are not staying on-site only have access to FP+ same-day unless they have Annual Passes.

That may change between now and the OP's trip, but as of this moment regular ticketholders do not have advance FP+ access. (If you link your ticket to MDE you *can* see your FP+ reservations on the app after you've made them at an in-park kiosk, but you cannot make or change them)

-Rob

Ah yes, thank you for the correction; it's still same day...

Jeannemccabe

Original Poster
Thank you. My biggest concern is the Elsa and Anna meet. I wonder if all fast passes could be given away and that by the time we get to a kiosk we have no chance of getting a fast pass. My 3 year old will be so disappointed if we don't see them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom