Not So Scary Halloween Event and Halloween Horror Nights

dementedde

Original Poster
Can you guys answer a few questions I got about these 2 events;

Apart from a few stage musicals and a parade what does Magic Kingdom have to offer for the Halloween event?

When will we be given the attraction information for the Universal Studios Halloween event and can you buy fast passes to get on them?

belledream

I can only speak on MNSSHP: there are dance parties with characters (last year was Monsters Inc. and Toy Story) where you can mingle with them pretty darn closely, trick or treat stations throughout the park, photo opportunities with characters wearing Halloween costumes, and Hallowishes instead of Wishes for the fireworks party. A few interesting Photopass magic shots, lots of guests in creative costumes, and a pretty empty park to ride rides if you wish.

xApril

For HHN, they usually announce things completely in a few months. They'll probably release a little bit of information throughout the next few months. But yes, tickets should go on sale soon and you're able to buy express passes.

horizons82

I have only been to Halloween Horror Nights, but I just wanted to be sure the OP is aware that these will be two very different experiences that don't really compare to each other.

Even though I've not been to it, I'm sure the event at the Magic Kingdom is lighter, more family friendly and good for all ages with a lot of 'gentle' frights.

On the other hand, Halloween Horror Nights is going to be much more intense, darker and is, IMHO, geared for older audiences--especially if you go through the haunted houses.

For Halloween Horror Nights, the theme basically takes over the park and HHN creates haunted houses just for this event. At Disney, it will be a 'happier' affair with characters and themeing and shows, but I'm pretty sure they don't have haunted houses or anything nearly as in-depth as HHN.

I'm sorry I'm not able to answer the other questions as it's been some time since I've been to HHN, but I felt it was important to be sure the OP knew that these are two very different experiences on the scare, gore and intensity level.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Also, there are characters to meet at the party that aren't available to meet on a regular day. For example, in addition to regular characters in Halloween costumes, there was Jack & Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas and Tarzan, Jane, and Terk from Tarzan, as well as some of the princes joining their respective princesses.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've done both and HHN at Uni is not very little kid friendly - there are usually 3 haunted houses (last year they had a Walking Dead haunted house), scary characters wandering around to scare people (nothing beats a vampire sneaking up on a bunch of teenage girls and scaring the shrieks out of them) and other more teenage/adult activities, plus A LOT of drinking. I don't remember any type of parade or other organized activity, just people wandering around in costumes, scaring each other, going through haunted houses and riding the rides that were opened. And drinking.

MNSSHP is more family/kid oriented, with trick or treating, the special parade and special fireworks, along with character M&Gs.

So, if you are looking for something more family oriented, then do WDW. If you want something more adult, including teenagers, then Uni may be better.

Matt_Black

Also, if you've ever wanted to walk around Adventureland while hearing Guns 'n Roses playing, MNSSHP is the way to go. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom