Non-Disney-Owned Properties

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'd go:

1. Swolphin
2. Four Seasons (#2 because of lack of -frequency of transport)
3. Bonnet Creek (Hilton, Waldorf, Wyndham - same lack of frequency of transport)
4. Hyatt - Grand Cypress (Should have a car)
5. Hotel Plaza Blvd. (Many - but you pretty much need a car)
6. Gaylord - (need a car)
7. Townplace - Springhill - WW (need a car)
8. Palm Pkwy. (Many but -need a car)

Those are my go-to's (pretty much in that order......(when Poly is $650 and POR/FQ is $300 ----- then I explore options)

- what are yours?

Last edited:

LUVofDIS

We love the Dolphin/Swan, we almost consider them our home in Disney. Though those are Disney owned, just operated by Starwood. I should say the land is owned by Disney and the resorts (buildings) are leased by Disney to investment groups and Starwood runs the operations. Someone else might know more, but I heard this a few years ago.

Indy_UK

I'm keeping Wyndhum at Disney springs an option for when we go in 2021 for the 50th. With them being available on major booking sites, unlike the Disney owned ones, we may be able to nab a good deal.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a question, but isn't there a parking fee of $20/day and a resort fee of $25/day at the swolphin, adding $45/day to the listed price?

Not sure about exact costing - but yep, Parking and Resort Fees (plus tax). All of the "on property-non Disney hotels" have 'em. The ones on Palm Pkwy generally don't.

LUVofDIS

Just a question, but isn't there a parking fee of $20/day and a resort fee of $25/day at the swolphin, adding $45/day to the listed price?

They do have these fees, we never drive anymore or rent a car, so we don't get hit with the parking fees. Even with the fees, when we find a deal for the Dolphin or Swan, it is still much cheaper than any other Disney deluxe resort. To top it off, they have the most comfortable beds of any of the resorts, we just stayed club level at the Contemporary, and those beds are amazing. But our last few days were back at the Dolphin and we both agreed, still better beds at the Dolphin. One of the most important things for us regarding a room are the beds.

DisneyFreak

Buena Vista Palace (Disney Springs) - have not stayed here though since Hilton acquired.
JW Marriott Grande Lakes
Marriott Lakeshore Reserve Grande Lakes

TrojanUSC

Four Seasons is unrivaled in terms of service and luxury in Orlando. It's an incredible place from top to bottom. It's also not appropriate to lump Bonnet Creek resorts into one category, there's a big difference in amenities from like the Wyndam to the Waldorf.

While lack of transport is an option, there isn't a demand for it at those resorts. Most guests heading to the parks take Uber/Lyft/Minnievan.

correcaminos

We love the Dolphin/Swan, we almost consider them our home in Disney. Though those are Disney owned, just operated by Starwood. I should say the land is owned by Disney and the resorts (buildings) are leased by Disney to investment groups and Starwood runs the operations. Someone else might know more, but I heard this a few years ago.

Mostly true, though now it's Tishman/MetLife. So land owned by Disney, leased by Tishman. Run by Starwood under Westin (now a Marriott group)

I love the Swan quite a lot. More than the Dolphin even. The Four Seasons though is above and beyond. I agree with the comment that Uber/Lyft is the way to go when staying there and something I think most there are good with doing.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Not sure about exact costing - but yep, Parking and Resort Fees (plus tax). All of the "on property-non Disney hotels" have 'em. The ones on Palm Pkwy generally don't.
If you're judicious in your bookings, and use the discounts some TAs can glean for you, resort/parking fees have much less impact.

Hockey89

Four Seasons by a million miles
Swan/Dolphin is a good location but not a fan of the hotels...

I've never stayed anywhere else but on property

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom