Non CP jobs

aharsh218

Original Poster
I graduated from college about 2 years ago and I am interested in a position dealing with Park Operations Management. I have a background in Operations. Does anyone have any sugestions on how to get a job with Disney?

I can't seem to find anything on the website.

Thanks,

typhoonguy

I graduated from college about 2 years ago and I am interested in a position dealing with Park Operations Management. I have a background in Operations. Does anyone have any sugestions on how to get a job with Disney?

I can't seem to find anything on the website.

Thanks,
Professional Recruiting at Casting. 407-828-1000. However, it is usually easier to find a position in operations by either starting on a proffessional internship or coming from that position somewhere outside of the company. But give them a call and see if you can set up an interview or even a meet and greet! It helps to know someone such as a duty manager too...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney (specifically WDW) is quite possibly the hardest company to start out in management without considerable experience in the exact field you plan on working in.

While it is possible, Disney tends to fill most management positions from within or from returning interns. If you are content with starting from the bottom and working your way up, keep in mind moving up within Disney tends to take a while. I know of at least one person with a Masters in Hospitality Administration who spent 4 years working his way up until his chance in management appeared.

Good luck!

cm1988

Disney (specifically WDW) is quite possibly the hardest company to start out in management...
Want to go for a Management role at WDW? How lucky or how stubborn are you?

I was not lucky (though I really, really enjoyed working at WDW)

Came to WDW with Master's Degree plus beaucoup relevant experience. Chose to take a substantial pay cut.

Was hourly for a few years; Office and Technical longer than that... and in the better part of a decade I applied to dozens of internal management opportunities... many right in line with my resume. Was interviewed twice out of all of those.

The years onstage and as O&T were good ones, but cost a lot of lost potential earnings.

After promotion to entry-level management, stayed several more years, during which I had consistently excellent performance reviews, and was promoted once.

So thanks to stubornness I got what I wanted. Clearly was never in the right place at the right time; clearly was not "mentored"; just hung in there because I enjoyed it.

mkt

Premium Member
Want to go for a Management role at WDW? How lucky or how stubborn are you?

I was not lucky (though I really, really enjoyed working at WDW)

Came to WDW with Master's Degree plus beaucoup relevant experience. Chose to take a substantial pay cut.

Was hourly for a few years; Office and Technical longer than that... and in the better part of a decade I applied to dozens of internal management opportunities... many right in line with my resume. Was interviewed twice out of all of those.

The years onstage and as O&T were good ones, but cost a lot of lost potential earnings.

After promotion to entry-level management, stayed several more years, during which I had consistently excellent performance reviews, and was promoted once.

So thanks to stubornness I got what I wanted. Clearly was never in the right place at the right time; clearly was not "mentored"; just hung in there because I enjoyed it.
So I am assuming that you agree with me? Do you mind asking me how long it took you from traditions until the day you got your blue ID?

mkt

Premium Member
Completely OT, but MKT, the dove on your avatar is on my business card--I'm a magician. It freaked me out, but then made me smile...
That's great!

Look down on your business card now.... A RABBIT IN A HAT! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom