No Space Moutain in the Vacation Planning DVD

techiegsy

Original Poster
On receiving and watching the new 2009 Vacation Planning DVD, I not only noticed that there is very little about WWYC. But also absolutely no mention of Space Mountain. When they talk about "The mountains of the Magic Kingdom" It's now "Those who best them both in one sitting..." no longer "Those who best them all in one sitting..." I know its only small, but it makes me wonder why they left it out, even though its still open.

jt04

On receiving and watching the new 2009 Vacation Planning DVD, I not only noticed that there is very little about WWYC. But also absolutely no mention of Space Mountain. When they talk about "The mountains of the Magic Kingdom" It's now "Those who best them both in one sitting..." no longer "Those who best them all in one sitting..." I know its only small, but it makes me wonder why they left it out, even though its still open.

First of all welcome to the boards!

And to answer your question, because SM will be closed soon :lookaroun

Enigma

Account Suspended

because Space Mountain is closing for a loooong time and hopefully when it reopens it will be awsome.

WDITrent

Yes I did know... Just wondered why it was mentioned even though its still open.. might be just the UK DVD:shrug:
Chances are, the people getting this DVD aren't going to go to WDW for a few months at least. The time they get there, SM will definetely be closed.

DTM93

Yes I did know... Just wondered why it was mentioned even though its still open.. might be just the UK DVD:shrug:

I didn't realise, I received the DVD on Friday and I don't know what the American DVD is like or if it is the same but it is basically like last years with the dreams bit included, only the music on the menu has changed to the celebrate you and when they look at the parks the name of the park is on the clips of the park.
They also need to update the Walt Disney World UK site as the Year of a Million Dreams is over now.

People might not be visiting until the summer months or something and mentioning Space Mountain on the DVD would get everybody happy and when they go and realize it is closed then they will get mad! So it was better off that it stayed out of the DVD.

PeaceIsFree

People might not be visiting until the summer months or something and mentioning Space Mountain on the DVD would get everybody happy and when they go and realize it is closed then they will get mad! So it was better off that it stayed out of the DVD.
Exactly, I know that I'm guilty of complaining a bit when one of my favorite rides is closed. If I was told that Space Mountain is up and running, and then arrive only to discover that it will be closed for nearly a year?! Oh man, I'd be crushed lol.

techiegsy

Original Poster
I didn't realise, I received the DVD on Friday and I don't know what the American DVD is like or if it is the same but it is basically like last years with the dreams bit included, only the music on the menu has changed to the celebrate you and when they look at the parks the name of the park is on the clips of the park.
They also need to update the Walt Disney World UK site as the Year of a Million Dreams is over now.

I think its a bit stupid that there's NO WWYC apart from the music, no mention of free entry on your birthday. and i'm annoyed we still have the year of million dreams site

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom