No availability?!

ELG13

Wanted to do a two day jaunt for my son's bday in end of May beginning of June but the only options for the days ive looked at are $400-600 villas. I'm no newbie....but I'm having a hard time believing that, even with the limits on hotels and crowds, there isn't an affordable on site option while the kids are still in school?? Am I missing something or is revenge travel in full swing?

ilovelabs2021

Wanted to do a two day jaunt for my son's bday in end of May beginning of June but the only options for the days ive looked at are $400-600 villas. I'm no newbie....but I'm having a hard time believing that, even with the limits on hotels and crowds, there isn't an affordable on site option while the kids are still in school?? Am I missing something or is revenge travel in full swing?
You most likely would only get into Epcot. There is very little in terms of park reservations for your dates, even if you found accommodations. Remember, many resorts are still closed. People are having trouble finding accommodations for fall, never mind at the end of the month. It is almost impossible to do last minute trips now.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Those dates are during what is defined as summer season. The occupancy rates in during summer are just behind peak and holiday seasons.

Considering the reduced capacity that the resorts are running at as well as the uptick in travel, it should be no surprise that there is very little availability only 2 weeks out.

Even if you were able to find rooms, park reservations will most likely be booked as well.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Lol I guess I've been spoiled in the past with last minute trips. I figured if we went before the kids were out on break wed find something. I actually do see park availability for the dates I'm considering and AOA has little mermaid standard rooms available so I think I'm gonna jump on it. I had to switch my dates by 2 weeks but all that means is I get down there sooner! We were just there for a week 3 weeks ago and I was surprised by how busy it was. We also went in January and it was by far the best trip I've ever had there.

Upvote 0

JohnD

You're looking at Memorial Day weekend/week. How can you have a hard time believing that?

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Well that's around Memorial Day weekend and you're only just now trying to book so that's a major reason for lack of availability.
But also right now its a supply vs demand issue.
I think we will see more resorts open and more rooms become available as soon as Disney gets enough CM's back which should be starting in a few weeks with all the DCP coming back.
I'm looking to book something for November or December and options are limited even now.
I'm hoping with the major push towards normal Disney will allow for more bookings and open all the resorts.

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

We're trying to book the first part of Nov. for either the YC or BC with nothing available, just BW at $9300. Too pricey for 2 people plus had a horrible time a couple years ago at BW. What gives with the totally booked rooms already?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Increased confidence to travel.
People needing a vacation after everything that’s happened.
50th anniversary celebrations underway.
Both BC and BWI are still to re-open so people booked up to a year ahead as soon as the dates were announced.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom