Nighttime Idea for Animal Kingdom

Jakester

Original Poster
So i was thinking of an idea for nighttime entertainment for Animal Kingdom.
The other day i was on the Safari and was thinkin, this would be a great ride to have nighttime safari rides.

Your Ideas ??

BTW, This is not confirmed happening anytime soon (if its even Blue Sky)

jakeman

So i was thinking of an idea for nighttime entertainment for Animal Kingdom.
The other day i was on the Safari and was thinkin, this would be a great ride to have nighttime safari rides.

Your Ideas ??

BTW, This is not confirmed happening anytime soon (if its even Blue Sky)
It was tried and a combination of high cost, poor animal visibility, and low guest satisfaction killed it.

MaxsDad

I have always wondered about this.

Have a nighttime show around and over the large body of water on the Asia side of the park. People would stand around the "lake" (ie RoE), from the asia bridge, behind the snack bar, along the path that leads to everest, in front of everest, on the everest bridge, along the pathway nearest the water past Nemo, and even in parts of flame tree seating.

Show would be more akin to Fantasmic than Wishes or RoE. Music, Low noise levels, little to no fireworks (is there such a thing as quiet arieals?), water projections, lasers, characters, and large projections onto the Tree of Life.

C&D

Many of the animals 'head for the barn' at sunset; I think a night time safari isn't going to work. Now, other features in/of the Park; sure.

Jakester

Original Poster
To me, Animal Kingdom has alot of potential for Nighttime Entertainment
Like a Night Parade
Or WoC Style Show
To what i mentioned at the start of the thread.

Plus, this park is rarely seen at night and besides MK, i feel its one of the coolest parks at night.

I cant see them doing a Magic Kingdom Style fireworks show but theres alot of potential here.

BelleofDE

They don't do anything at night because of the animals. I agree that it would be cool to have some type of night time extravaganza at AK, but I would rather have the large and dangerous animals well rested and not stressed when I'm on Kilimajaro Safaris.

imagineer boy

I have always wondered about this.

Have a nighttime show around and over the large body of water on the Asia side of the park. People would stand around the "lake" (ie RoE), from the asia bridge, behind the snack bar, along the path that leads to everest, in front of everest, on the everest bridge, along the pathway nearest the water past Nemo, and even in parts of flame tree seating.

Show would be more akin to Fantasmic than Wishes or RoE. Music, Low noise levels, little to no fireworks (is there such a thing as quiet arieals?), water projections, lasers, characters, and large projections onto the Tree of Life.

Its been discussed and unfortunately that location wouldn't work because you'd have to drain the water to install the technology and living animals are in the water.

I'd personally have them build a special custom arena (like Fantasmic) somewhere on the property and have a WOC type show with mostly fountains and light efects. Perhaps the theme and story could be the cycle of nature like the firebird segment of Fantasia 2000.

Jakester

Original Poster
Id just like for a nighttime offering there.

Hopefully a DCA style (Not the reimagineering part) expansion happens soon.

Captain Hank

Hey, I don't suppose anyone happens to have any footage of the nighttime version of Kilimanjaro Safaris? I've been looking for a while to no avail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom