NiGHTS into Dreams at Innoventions?

NiGHTSintoMemes

Original Poster
Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum, and I created an account specifically for this post. For a while, I've known that Innoventions had a huge, extravagant SEGA area for a long time in the 90s, but I only recently learned that they displayed one of my favorite games of all time, and one with a fan base constantly starved for something, anything new, NiGHTS into Dreams. I've scoured the internet, but I can't seem to find any pictures or footage of this particular display, so I was wondering if any of you lovely users had any home movies or hasty pictures of the setup. If you don't remember the name, you may at least remember that it starred a flying purple jester character with huge eyes. Thank you!

Cmdr_Crimson

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum, and I created an account specifically for this post. For a while, I've known that Innoventions had a huge, extravagant SEGA area for a long time in the 90s, but I only recently learned that they displayed one of my favorite games of all time, and one with a fan base constantly starved for something, anything new, NiGHTS into Dreams. I've scoured the internet, but I can't seem to find any pictures or footage of this particular display, so I was wondering if any of you lovely users had any home movies or hasty pictures of the setup. If you don't remember the name, you may at least remember that it starred a flying purple jester character with huge eyes. Thank you!

Only info I found about NIGHTS from Segaretro.org
Sega used its Innoventions exhibit, and Walt Disney World's 25th anniversary celebrations of 1996, to reveal the Sega Saturn's NetLink modem, as well as NiGHTS Into Dreams
It probably wasn't anything big really..It may have just had a cutout of NiGHT and that's it....

There was also this video..But, I could not see it in the clips...

erasure fan1

I loved the sega area of innoventions back in the day. Of course I'm just a sega fanboy at heart. I'm sure I have some pics of the area but I have no clue where they are stored.

Bairstow

I loved the sega area of innoventions back in the day. Of course I'm just a sega fanboy at heart. I'm sure I have some pics of the area but I have no clue where they are stored.

I was a Nintendo kid and hated Sega (because I didn't own one) but even I was enthralled with the Sega display at Innoventions in its heyday. It seemed like they had a little cabinet set up for every Genesis game in existence, or at least every one I had heard of, in addition to the giant wall of Virtua Racing cabinets. Later on it was less impressive, but I remember their operating a whole array of linked Virtual-On cabs, again, all free to play. It was a bit of a wonderland for a vidya-loving kid in the '90s, like something from E3 out of the magazines.

MerlinTheGoat

I remember these displays. Though moreso the Genesis ones when the exhibit first opened. I think I recall Saturn having a presence, but I actually more remember playing Toy Story on the Genesis displays. Probably because the lines for the Saturn were longer given that it was a new system. It is highly likely NiGHTS had a presence there as well, it was a fairly important game for the system when it released. I'd be surprised if it wasn't present on the floor.

Disney seemed to have a good relationship with SEGA in the early 90s. The two companies actually co-developed a lot of great games together. The Mickey Mouse "Illusion" series being a good example (Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion etc).

erasure fan1

Disney seemed to have a good relationship with SEGA in the early 90s. The two companies actually co-developed a lot of great games together. The Mickey Mouse "Illusion" series being a good example (Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion etc).
Still one of the best platformers of all time, and definitely one of the best Disney games EVER. It's still being played in my vintage genesis cabinet store display.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom