NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

LSLS

Another win for the Flyers.....beating Montreal 2 to 1.
The thing that has me feeling so upbeat is Philly's goaltending. So strong!

I'll be surprised if they don't sweep through Montreal. They really don't have any sort of a test until the next round. I definitely think they will want Tampa taken out sooner rather than later. Tampa gave them all sorts of trouble until Hedman tried to kill himself.

SteveBrickNJ

Boy if you think that vasilevski has to be really scary. That guy has been an absolute monster so far.
How amazing is NHL Playoff Hockey!? The game that the Flyers managed to win in OT tonight was incredible! People who say hockey doesn't interest them are really missing out on some intense competitive games.

Love Ft Wilderness

While the Lightning are resting, I've been keeping an eye on the Islanders and Flyers games. I'm not sure which team I would like to see Tampa Bay play. I'm awaiting word on how Kuch is doing. Having hockey in Florida has been my favorite sport and I really enjoy watching it.

LSLS

While the Lightning are resting, I've been keeping an eye on the Islanders and Flyers games. I'm not sure which team I would like to see Tampa Bay play. I'm awaiting word on how Kuch is doing. Having hockey in Florida has been my favorite sport and I really enjoy watching it.

I think the Isles are the more difficult matchup, but I also would rather have them make it through, just cause if they do make the finals, doing it in the same year the Caps fired Trotz's replacement would be epic. Plus, how great would it be to see Tavares sitting at home watching the Isles do it?

SteveBrickNJ

I think the Isles are the more difficult matchup, but I also would rather have them make it through, just cause if they do make the finals, doing it in the same year the Caps fired Trotz's replacement would be epic. Plus, how great would it be to see Tavares sitting at home watching the Isles do it?
I am impressed with both Philly and the Islanders. Both teams are working their tails off. They couldn't possible give more effort. I doubt my Flyers can win two more to overcome the 3 - 1 deficit (currently a 3-2 deficit). Yet...ya never know! If they get the Islanders into overtime...that seems to always result in a Flyers victory.

Love Ft Wilderness

I am impressed with both Philly and the Islanders. Both teams are working their tails off. They couldn't possible give more effort. I doubt my Flyers can win two more to overcome the 3 - 1 deficit (currently a 3-2 deficit). Yet...ya never know! If they get the Islanders into overtime...that seems to always result in a Flyers victory.
It's possible. Look at what the Avs have been doing to the Stars.

SteveBrickNJ

How funny! As I post this it is the end of regulation play.....Game 6 is going to Overtime. What a great series!

artvandelay

It was a great series. Can the Islanders go all the way and capture the CUP?
Tampa is tough, but the Islanders seem to come alive in the bubble. I thought they were a year or two from becoming a top team, but this has been a crazy season. I’m happy to see them play in the conference championship for the first time since 1993.

LSLS

Tampa wants this thing bad right now. I figured going in Game 1 would be the Isles game since the Lightning were off for a week. I thought at least the first 10 minutes we would see the Isles take it to them. But the Lightning came out just on fire. There is a legit case right now that Point may be the best player in the sport and Vasi the best goalie (to go with Hedman who is clearly the best dman). Game 2 is almost a must win for the Isles just to get their confidence back.

SteveBrickNJ

Who will win the Stanley Cup? The Lightning are tied down with a longer series right now. They should eventually beat the Islanders in Game 6 though.
I say Dallas will the cup.
What say any of you?

Last edited:

LSLS

Who will win the Stanley Cup? The Lightning are tied down with a longer series right now. They should eventually beat the Islanders in Game 6 though.
I say Dallas will the cup.
What say any of you?

I'd say Tampa is right around a 65-70% favorite. I have a tough time believing Khudobin has suddenly become an elite goalie at age 34, which means I see him crashing back to earth. Tampa has a lot of motivation, which will amp up against a former coach. And honestly, the Stars seem like the Bruins with slightly less offense to me. And lets be honest, Dallas outplayed Vegas in like 1 of those games. Add in the rumors that Stamkos could be back for the finals, and I think Tampa is significant favorites.

That said, Tampa needs to get through their series. They are something like 0-5 in Game 6 and 7s in the last 4 years. Tampa's Achilles has been elite coaching, and they are in it against an elite one right now. Opposite of the Dallas series, Tampa has vastly outplayed the Isles in every single game this series (Point or not), so logic would say Tampa should finish this off no problem, but hockey (and ESPECIALLY Tampa) don't really enjoy listening to logic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom