NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Club Cooloholic

Odd thing I had just noticed, on ESPN's landing page there are headers to click form MLB, NFL, MLB, heck even MMA and Soccer but none for NHL????

LSLS

This entire season is nuts right now. It looks like Tampa is starting to turn on the jets (but knowing them, they could turn it off for the next 4 games just as easily).

But man, if I told you on Thanksgiving (or very close) that Tampa, Toronto, Vegas, Calgary, and Nashville would all be sitting outside the playoffs, I bet you would have laughed. Bet you would have laughed harder if I told you the Sharks are BARELY in, and the Pacific is currently being dominated by the Oilers, Yotes, and Canucks.

LSLS

Well pretty much the half way point. Anyone got any half-season thoughts? I think for me, my biggest surprise (in a good way) might be Winnipeg or the Flyers. Just didn't think Philly had enough and I thought the coach hire was wrong for that team. But I'm getting proven wrong on that.

I think my biggest negative surprise COULD go to Tampa, but I don't think I'm shocked by that. The way that team went out, I'm not surprised it's had the lasting effect it has. I'm surprised that they have broken Vasi, who from the juniors on has been known to be as cold blooded as they come, and he has seemed rattled all year. I actually think my biggest negative surprise is San Jose. While Tampa is 5th in the Wild Card race, their goal differential is actually 2nd in the Atlantic, and they have played 2-3 less games than almost everyone else. With only being 2 points out of 3rd in the division, they aren't that far off. San Jose has the 3rd worst Goal differential in the league. They are tied for dead last in the West, and just seem like a train wreck. Now, if there is a team to pull a Blues this year, all money would be on them (sorry Detroit), but there is a reason that has never happened before last year.

As for some of my predictions personally, my guess of Toronto being worse tan they were last year is still up in the air. I did say Arizona was a playoff team, but didn't have them in first in the division at this point. Edmonton is doing much better than I had them, but they are 3-6-1 in their last 10, so they could be coming back to earth. Carter Hart has been doing much better than I expected this year. And the Devils are WAY worse than I thought they would be. For the rest of the year, I think my predictions will be:

Atlantic:
Boston
Tampa
Toronto

Metro:
Caps
Isles
Pens

Wildcard:
Flyers
Canes

Central:
Blues
Avs
Preds

West:
Vegas
Yotes
Flames

Wildcard:
Stars
Canucks (cause why not)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom