Newbie with a question here ^_^

Victoriarose

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, I didn't see it anywhere.

In Oct. my DH and I will be at the Yacht Club and we will both be bringing our laptops.

I bought a router to take with us and was wondering if it would work to connect that to the cable in the room and have wifi for both DH and I to get on the laptops at the same time.

And how would this work with the $9.99 charge (I don't mind paying $9.99 for each of us, just not sure how it would work)?

Thank you for any help ^_^

dreamfinder

From a technical perspective, yes that should work. The WiFi from the router is really just an extension on the cables, so it works just like if you plugged into the wall. From a cost perspective, I'm not so sure how it works at WDW. It all depends on how they do their pay system. If they simply mark the room as having paid, and any device that connects to that jack in the room is allowed online, then you would only have to pay the fee once per day. But if they tag it specifically to the system, be it a cookie based or some other singular identifier, then you would need to pay twice. I am inclined to say it is the first option, but haven't paid for it in the past.

If you are truly going to need to have data for multiple days during your trip, you may do better to look into getting a data card and just using that. Those tend to break even after 5-6 days of use at $10 a day (normally ~$50 a month) so on a long trip with lots of low data, but high frequency usage you may do better.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom