Newbie Question...

SonofStellaJack

Original Poster
I searched for this, but was unable to find an answer, so I figured I'd ask.

I've heard that when you're a performing cast member at WDW, you may be in a different role from day to day.

On my most recent trip to WDW, as we stood out in front of the MK, waiting for Mickey and the folks to count us down, there were, of course, the two ladies and two fellas dancing and singing.

Call me crazy. . .

But I could have SWORN that one of the 'ladies' was actually gentleman. I admit, I was not VERY close to the front, and even if I was, they're up on the train platform. But the person had features that seemed fairly masculine from where I was standing.

If it WAS a guy, then kudos to WDW. I'm assuming that it would be a case of, "You're in the cast, you play the role we hand you. Period." And it's a good way to maintain a sense of equality among the performing cast members.

On a similar note, I could swear that the "Glee Club" in MGM. . .the cute, youngish blonde in the red pantsuit played Belle in 2002.

Can anyone let me know if I'm even remotely right?

Connor002

I know that characters can be both (excluding human characters like princeses) males and females, as I have been told that there is a man that plays tinkerbell (for the fireworks) and I have seen a few characters were the gender could be reconized (the ballet dancing ostriges in spectro magic wear tights and you could tell some legs were more appealing than others;) .

wdwishes2005

Connor002 said:
i know that characters can be both (excluding human characters like princeses) males and females. as i have been told that there is a man that plays tinkerbell (for the fireworks) and i have seen a few character were the gender could be reconized (the ballet dancing ortriges in spector magic were tights and you could tell some legs were more appealing than others:animwink:)

Wow thats sorta nasty

Tom

Beta Return
I doubt there are many guys that fit the height and weight requirements of Tink. My right leg might make the cut! :lol:

We all know that our furry friends could be "friends" with guys or gals - regardless of the character's gender. This I've confirmed in person because a gal who sings at my church choir here in Indy was very good "friends" with Mickey for a few years. I've also shaken the chipmunks' hands (the ones in my avatar, to be precise) and I would put money on one of them being female - or very feminine if a guy (tiny hands and very light shake). Pluto was male.

I was told by my band director in High School, who used to direct drum corps in Florida, that he had a male friend who was in the Color Guard of the Drum Corps and also played Ariel in the MGM Little Mermaid show......not sure of the truth of it, but he seemed to be pretty serious about it. Obviously the face characters in the park need to have all the features of their character's true gender (I won't go into details!), so they need to be cast correctly.

wdwishes2005

edwardtc said:
I doubt there are many guys that fit the height and weight requirements of Tink. My right leg might make the cut! :lol:

We all know that our furry friends could be "friends" with guys or gals - regardless of the character's gender. This I've confirmed in person because a gal who sings at my church choir here in Indy was very good "friends" with Mickey for a few years. I've also shaken the chipmunks' hands (the ones in my avatar, to be precise) and I would put money on one of them being female - or very feminine if a guy (tiny hands and very light shake). Pluto was male.

I was told by my band director in High School, who used to direct drum corps in Florida, that he had a male friend who was in the Color Guard of the Drum Corps and also played Ariel in the MGM Little Mermaid show......not sure of the truth of it, but he seemed to be pretty serious about it. Obviously the face characters in the park need to have all the features of their character's true gender (I won't go into details!), so they need to be cast correctly.

lol that last part puts a real weird picture in my mind.:hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom