New Years

EvilMOuse

Original Poster
Hey
I was wondering what the deal with new years eve at wdw is? Are the parks open late, do they mark the occassion? Ive heard a lot about christmas, but nothing about new year. Any info would be great, as we might be headin for florida 28th dec for the week.
Cheers in advance
A:confused: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Sean23

The last two years the MK, Epcot and MGM closed at 1 am. I have been to Epcot the last 4 years for NYE. NYE 1999 I went to Epcot and MK, they were open until 2 am that year. I spent NYE 1999 at Epcot until about 12:15 am then hopped on the monorail to the MK a CM let me in through the exit becasue so many people were leaving at 12:45 am, it was great becaue most of the rides were walk on until closing at 2. Epcot has all kinds of entertainment going on live bands, huge video screen over by japan.

I have been to 3 New Years at WDW at it is the best thing...they make a huge deal out of it........confetti....long fireworks shows...sometime really good bands at MGM...I just love it...they run the parks to the wee hours of the night and it is too kewl to watch them pull out the huge vacuums when you leave to get the park all spiffy for the next day!!!! I cant wait till I go back on New Years!!!!!!!

DisneyCP2000

I was in Epcot on NYE 2001. I worked the event and they were open till 1 or so. To help celebrate the event all the cast members and guests were given free hats and horns. They had built 3 stages around the park (Japan, Italy, and FW), each with thier own type of music. It was a blast, the entire park was a gigantic party! The had a regular Illminations at nine for the kids. And then they had another at midnight or so. The fireworks were SPECTACULAR! After the show was over there was a max exodus out of the park towards SE! It must have take 45 minutes for all the crowds to clear out WSC to FW. I had some fun and wished everyone a happy new year from the stage-it was a BLAST!! I think the park was full by 11am or so...although it never seemed like it until midnight :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Amatures, for a true new year get yourself to Edinburgh, if your lucky and get a ticket great if not hit the bars inside the cordon about 12 and stay there till the barriers go up. Then go out and join the worlds largest street party, and watch the fireworks over a proper castle.

cm1988

Cheers!

Originally posted by happy snapper
Amatures, for a true new year get yourself to Edinburgh, if your lucky and get a ticket great if not hit the bars inside the cordon about 12 and stay there till the barriers go up. Then go out and join the worlds largest street party, and watch the fireworks over a proper castle.
You know, I might just do that one day. The UK is great in all seasons... and something about the winter light (and a dusting of snow) makes the Scottish Highlands even more beautiful. Then to stop down in Edinburgh for a few days (and a few Tennant's)... that would be great!

EvilMOuse

Original Poster
:p Don't doubt I'll be spendin new year out on the streets of edinburgh as soon as i hit 18...and my parents have done that one to death in their youth, as we too are a scotts (even if ive been livin down in england for ages now)

However, my sister is 19 and she isnt spending new year with us, and thts why were heading to wdw with some friends.
Thanks for what uve said so far it sounds like it will be pretty cool.

:confused: So does epcot have the best party then? What happens at MK and the studios?
cheers:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom