New Years Eve

aeromike

Original Poster
Hello all, I'm heading to Florida on December 28th and I've always wanted to celebrate New Year at Epcot. I'm aware of how early you need to get to the park due to capacity. My folks however don't fancy the idea of not being able to enter the park around 5pm. Is there a way you can guarantee a space in the park via a dinner reservation or something?

taz0162

With being past the 180 day out mark to make reservations you might have a hard time getting reservations at this point. And even if you have a reservation and the park hits capacity, Capacity is Capacity and they will not allow you in. But remember when it hits Capacity generally as people leave they will start allowing people in again. As I learned this past trip the New Years Eve Fireworks display is shot off on Dec 30th and 31st at The Magic Kingdom, with much fewer people at the parks that night where they generally will have extra magic hours opened well after midnight. People tend to go to bed early that night in planning to be up late on the actual 31st.But back to Epcot and you wanting to be there on the 31st. Get there early is all I can suggest.

aeromike

Original Poster
Thank you for your help.

Another question (because I can't seem to find any info), are the ticket prices the same for New Year events or do they cost more?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Thank you for your help.

Another question (because I can't seem to find any info), are the ticket prices the same for New Year events or do they cost more?
they are the same price. I am planning on going to Epcot this year for new years but i have the same problem. My parents don't want to stay till midnight at the same park. Im Hoping that long lines at places will pass the time so we can see the early fireworks then party till midnight!

Hobnail Boot

They are supposed to let you in in certain phases if you have a reservation, but the problem is getting to the park once a phased closing has occurred. Epcot and DHS really are not a problem because you can walk right up to them from resorts, but MK requires alot of bus hopping and walking once they shut down direct transportation to the park. Honestly I wouldn't worry about Epcot closing. I've been at WDW for every NYE since 2004 and I don't recall Epcot ever closing to capacity, just the MK (and DHS once, briefly I think). Even though MK closes every year, it usually reopens around 8pm so you can still get in to see the fireworks, but you probably won't find a good spot. We start camping around 5pm.

Just for fun, a quick dining search shows reservations still available for Dec. 31 dinner for La Hacienda, Monsieur Paul, Nine Dragons, Restaurant Marrakesh, and Tokyo Dining. All are 4-5ish except for Monsieur Paul which is 10.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom