New Year's Eve at Epcot

mickeyman65

Original Poster
Last year was the first year I had been to Epcot for New Year's Eve...I'm telling you that was the best time I've had on New Year's Eve. It was great to see so many people dancing and having a good time. It's like going from one party to the next...and the fireworks tops it all..what a great night. So has anyone else been to Epcot for New Year's Eve? I know where I will be on New Year's Eve...is anyone else going to be there? It would be nice to meet you...

goofyfan13

mickeyman65 said:
Last year was the first year I had been to Epcot for New Year's Eve...I'm telling you that was the best time I've had on New Year's Eve. It was great to see so many people dancing and having a good time. It's like going from one party to the next...and the fireworks tops it all..what a great night. So has anyone else been to Epcot for New Year's Eve? I know where I will be on New Year's Eve...is anyone else going to be there? It would be nice to meet you...

I don't believe that I will be going this year, but last year I was able to go to Epcot for NYE. I agree that it was fantastic. The fireworks where amazing! And there is nothing like ringing in the New Year after the fireworks with a ride on Test Track. :sohappy: :sohappy:

agdbeanie

I was there last year too!!!
But...I was pregnant and exausted from being there all day and battling the crowds. We were told that the parks usually reach capacity on NYE and if we didn't get there early we might not get in. We decided to go back to our resort after our PS dinner. My husband stayed up and watched tv while I napped and he woke me up at midnight to stand outside the room and watch fireworks.
When we planned the trip I wasn't pregnant and it sounded like fun, but in such a delicate state I was happier in the comfort of our room away from the crowds!
Maybe we'll try again another year, but not this one with a 7 month old baby :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
ive said on these boards before that im going to make it for a NYE becuase NYD is my birthday, and ive always thought id go to the MK for the celebration, but it sounds like epcot is better.

well, i guess another bonus is that i could go to the countries and have a beverage or 2 while getting ready for the fireworks.

thanks for the info.

LivefortheMouse

I have spent new years eve at magic kingdom,(oh my god if u have till 3am to leave the park along with a huge croud of people and have life insurance spend new years here) Mgm ( same thing u can see any other day at the parks) epcot (best new years u could ever have anywhere crowded but u can breath, fun fun fun specially if u are an adult or have teens.) Well atleast this has been my experience with new years at the parks. this year im going from the 19th till 24th of december but if i were spending new years there i would go to epcot. :xmas:

surfsupdon

I was at Epcot the past two years to celebrate the New Year. The first year it poured like I had never seen in my life (we still gauge thunderstorms and downpours to that night at Epcot--horrible) and was there for the beautiful weather last year in Japan.

This year we will be there again, with our extended family and friends who will be on vacation too. I'm excited. :xmas:

goofyfan13

surfsupdon said:
I was at Epcot the past two years to celebrate the New Year. The first year it poured like I had never seen in my life (we still gauge thunderstorms and downpours to that night at Epcot--horrible) and was there for the beautiful weather last year in Japan.

This year we will be there again, with our extended family and friends who will be on vacation too. I'm excited. :xmas:

I was there the year it downpoured like crazy too. The one advantage was the park cleard out and we got a spot right up by the fence over by the american adventure. I wish I could go this year, but with going to school in Daytona, going back to Michigan for the break sounds a little nicer. I've been away from home far too long.

wdwjmp239

mickeyman65 said:

Hey hey! Yes, my g/f and I were at Epcot last NYE and it was the *BEST* way to celebrate the New Year! We made a pact that we'll go to Disney *EVERY* New Years Eve (as long as we're together).

Anyways, we'll be there for New Years. Now, where exactly @ Epcot? We don't know.

LilDucky

surfsupdon said:
The first year it poured like I had never seen in my life (we still gauge thunderstorms and downpours to that night at Epcot--horrible) and was there for the beautiful weather last year in Japan.
no kidding. Downpour is the understatement of the century! We were soaked to the bone but we still had a great time. We have only gone to the MK for NYE, and I remember riding the TTA non stop that night. I felt bad for my grandma because it was her first time going to WDW and it was her birthday... but still, rain cant stop me from being at WDW on NYE :D !!

wdwjmp239

surfsupdon said:

Yes, I remember that night. However, I wasn't at Epcot when that storm blew through. In Southwest Florida (Fort Myers to be exact), I was coming home from dropping my g/f off at her house (she had to work that night and wasn't feeling all too well to ring in the new year). Anyways, as I was heading back to Naples on I-75, I got caught in a thunderstorm that totally soaked the interstate. By the time I got home, our front yard was completely underwater.

Sloan

NYE storm

The NYE storm in EPCOT was a fantastic time - it made the event even more memorable (obviously, since we all seem to have such a vivid recall of it) and made for some interesting visual effects - the steam rising off all of the people dancing was great, and the lasers and such were more visible. I don't think I'll make it for this year, but I know that I will go there for New Year's again soon - absolutely one of the best New Year's Eves ever!!

surfsupdon

Sloan said:
I don't think I'll make it for this year, but I know that I will go there for New Year's again soon - absolutely one of the best New Year's Eves ever!!

Epcot does put on a tremendous show and party! I cannot believe this will be my third time there. I remember my dad saying that the intial Christmas--New Years trip would be our last for "awhile." :cool:

diddy_mouse

wow, i would love to be at Epcot to ring in the New Year. sadly, i'll be in the coldness of Northern VA. my fiance and i did agree that we have to experience Christmastime/New Years. i remember Christmas from when i was a kid, but have yet to do the NEw Years thing :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom