News New Year's Eve 2019 entertainment line-up at Walt Disney World

Crazydisneyfanluke

Interesting they went with Fantasy in the sky for the 6:30 PM firework showing. It used to be Holiday wishes and thought it would be Minnie's new fireworks.

The Epcot forever tag sounds like something similar to previous NYE tag will RoE.

actioncookbook

I'm super curious what the early fireworks will do to the crowds on NYE. How many people will actually make it to midnight?

I'm guessing still a lot. But will there be a mass exodus at 7 PM?

Jeffxz

Interesting they went with Fantasy in the sky for the 6:30 PM firework showing. It used to be Holiday wishes and thought it would be Minnie's new fireworks.

The Epcot forever tag sounds like something similar to previous NYE tag will RoE.

FitS has been running with the NYE countdown perimeters at 6:30 for the last few years.

FullSailDan

I think last year was the first year. The year before they did countdown perimeters after holiday wishes.
Nope, 2 years ago husband and I spent the day relaxing in the hub on a blanket, camping out to watch fantasy in the sky both times. Honestly a weird choice for them on such a big day, it’s a massive downgrade from the pyro attached to HEA.

FullSailDan

I was honestly considering going to epcot for NYE, I thought they would have done something unique this year and skipped Epcot Forever. But nope, I won’t fight the crowds for that excuse of a show.

dreamfinder

So, will there still be Christmas decorations in all of the parks, or have they started taking them down already?

The big tree at Epcot comes down early. The rest of the park decor will usually start coming down right around Marathon weekend, give or take a few days. (Usually no later than second weekend in January)

surfsupdon

I can't wait to hear them use "Friend Like Me" for the countdown to midnight finale.
There will hopefully be a pause at the conclusion, an announcement, and then the beginning of the Country pavilion fireworks leading up to USA finale at midnight. Just like how IllumiNations went into the NYE tag.

But I agree. Not a very rousing or stirring show currently at Epcot.

dreamfinder912

I was honestly considering going to epcot for NYE, I thought they would have done something unique this year and skipped Epcot Forever. But nope, I won’t fight the crowds for that excuse of a show.

This is the first year since moving here that I'm not spending NYE at Epcot. No way am I holding a spot all day for that dumpster fire. :hilarious:

Hank Hill

How crowded is Disney Springs tonight? Anybody ever been on NYE? Is it busy all night or does it get more people closer to midnight? I know they have entertainment and such, but there isn't any fireworks, other than being free, not a lot to draw people. I am sure it is busy, but how bad?

I was thinking of heading there for just a few hours. Maybe get there 5-6 and leave by 10. Not looking to do anything in particular, maybe watch some bands, have a few drinks, get home before the craziness.

IanDLBZF

Here’s the traffic getting into Magic Kingdom, Took this on the way to Epcot from Magic Kingdom!
8DDB2FEF-BA6F-43C3-865C-59FBAE5CBEE8.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom