News New Year's Eve 2018 entertainment line-up at Walt Disney World

DisneyOutsider

Sounds fun, but at the same time, why are you subjecting yourself to the crowds??

The New Year's fireworks at MK and Epcot are the best pyro shows at any Disney park I've ever been to. That alone justifies the itinerary.

Epcot also takes on a whole different vibe for the New Year's Eve party. It's a ton of fun if you like music, dancing and Epcot.

Minthorne

Sounds fun, but at the same time, why are you subjecting yourself to the crowds??

On the 30th I’ll only be in the MK until about 9 then heading to the DVC party at the Contemporary. On NYE we are staying at the Dolphin so being able to walk to the park makes all the difference. We planned dining reservations and fastpasses both days so while it will be a mob I think we will be able to enjoy it with the plans we made.

csm

Fantasy in the Sky is listed both nights also as the 630pm earlier showing. I know in past years, this spot was for Holiday Wishes. Can anyone confirm if the first show of each night will also include the countdown and full perimeters?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yes, both fireworks shows at Magic Kingdom on Dec 30 and 31 will be Fantasy in the Sky and both shows will feature the countdown to NYE

Keep in mind that they typically only do the mirror launch and the full 360 perimeters on the later performance both nights. To do the full 360 show they need to shut down all the roads around the Magic Kingdom, the monorails on the Resort and Express beams have to be shut down, all water traffic on Seven Seas Lagoon is stopped, etc.. A full 360 show is majorly disruptive to the whole place so they only do it once a night. The 6:30 performance is usually a normal north launch location and in-park pyro performance.

csm

Good to know -- thanks to you both. I guess it will be a debate sooner to show time when I see if I feel like being out until after midnight in what is presumably higher crowds on the Poly beach. I'd imagine the earlier show is a lot lighter on the first night.

iMax

HEA style searchlights were added to Fantasy in the Sky this year. For those watching tomorrow, 6:30 showing is 180° perimeter fireworks, 11:50 is 360° including 7 Seas Lagoon.

csm

Nothing has changed with Poly beach right? Been parking at TTC and walking there for many years, so I assume it's still the same.

(Edit-- to be clear I mean tonight, not tomorrow night when I'm sure it's even worse.)

Figment82

They’re having a special Club 33 private event on the small Poly beach by Luau Cove. Beach will be closed for the 11:50 fireworks. We watched the 6:30 show and headed home afterwards. The resort was very quiet for the most part; resort monorail was down when we arrived around 5 but came back online shortly after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom