New Year's Day at Epcot - How Crowded?

louleahbut

I've been in 1999 for the 1st week of January including New Years Day and it wasnt and bad as you would think. Attendance was about average i thought. For the rest of the week the crowds died off each day.

:sohappy: next trip 31 days away

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

New Year's EVE is obviously one of the biggest days ever.

New Year's Day and after gets less and less busy every day. Early Jan. is a very good time to go.

Pure speculation: I would GUESS that the morning of New Year's Day would be really not busy since everyone was up late the night before, but that is just speculation. (I'm always up late the night before so I sleep in!!).

Upvote 0

WDWGuy

Nye

Things that are not out of the ordinary at Epcot on New Years Eve include:

* Two hour wait times at the park's most popular attractions

* Parking on the grass (I know, I have done it)

*a VERY crowded World Showcase

* Heavy congestion leaving the park..I had a 90 minute wait last NYE to leave the parking lot.

Its the place to be, and everyone is catching on!

WDWGuy

Upvote 0

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
WDWGuy said:
Things that are not out of the ordinary at Epcot on New Years Eve include:

* Two hour wait times at the park's most popular attractions

* Parking on the grass (I know, I have done it)

*a VERY crowded World Showcase

* Heavy congestion leaving the park..I had a 90 minute wait last NYE to leave the parking lot.

Its the place to be, and everyone is catching on!

WDWGuy
you forgot one

* jmaxwell007 running around the parking lot doing the "Arsenio Hall arm jesture" informing guest that it is his birthday

Upvote 0

wdwishes2005

I hope it's not bad the 4 through the 13th but from what I hear that's a good time to go. The only thing I could think of would be the marathon but the runners should probably be working out or something not going to the parks. Or at least I hope.

Upvote 0

disneymoc

wdwishes2005 said:
I hope it's not bad the 4 through the 13th but from what I hear that's a good time to go. The only thing I could think of would be the marathon but the runners should probably be working out or something not going to the parks. Or at least I hope.

The runners won't be in the parks as much BUT their families will. We went in January 4 years ago when the marathon was taking place. It wasn't too bad but you could tell who were runners and the families of the runners. There were a lot there. Not unbearable though.

Upvote 0
I sort had the same question yet it was about MK on New Years Eve. I wanted to know wether or not I should go here and endore the couds for the fireworks or go to animal kingdom and come later at night for the fireworks. Will I be able to get in? I heard that they don't deny access for resort guests no matter how full the parks get. But I want to make sure b4 I go to AK and miss the fireworks. Thnx

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Laufschneller65 said:
I sort had the same question yet it was about MK on New Years Eve. I wanted to know wether or not I should go here and endore the couds for the fireworks or go to animal kingdom and come later at night for the fireworks. Will I be able to get in? I heard that they don't deny access for resort guests no matter how full the parks get. But I want to make sure b4 I go to AK and miss the fireworks. Thnx

That would be incorrect. Resort Guests are the last denied, but they are denied when it reaches capacity.

Upvote 0

DizWhizKid

The best way to get into MK to see the fireworks on NYE is to get there before it opens, and never leave until it closes. MK is always the first park to reach capacity, but if you're already in, they can't throw you out. :lol:

Upvote 0

col

im going to epcot for new years coz im going to be in magic kingdom on christmas day plus im also going to watch CP and just take it all in.

dunno what im gonna do on new years day or boxing day probably go where ever's open :lol: after i wake up!

Upvote 0

I luv WDW

Not too bad

The week between Christmas and New Year's is the most crowded week of the year. New Year's Eve is elbow to elbow, but New Year's Day isn't much worse than a summer's day. Have fun!:xmas:

Upvote 0
I went there last new year's eve and I couldn't believe how busy it was. We had to get in the park early and stay there till the end because it was getting so bad they were only letting hotel guests in and were going to close and not let anymore in around 5 pm. I never seen the line for the Pirates of the Caribbean wrap outside through the pillars past the talking bird. New Year's Day wasn't as bad but still a little crowded.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom