New Year Fireworks

ith4lo

Original Poster

Why on earth did the Magic Kingdom stop showing the “Fantasy in the Sky” and “4th of July” 360° shows? The new version does not involve MK and is bad​

ith4lo

Original Poster
The 360 version of the show has historically only been the 11:50 performance on the 30th and 31st. Have we heard something confirming that will not be the case this year?
They are still “360” so to speak, but since these special shows returned after Covid they’ve utilized fewer launch points surrounding MK

Note the 6:30pm Fantasy in the Sky show 12/30 and 12/31 has never been ‘360’, it’s just the 11:50pm show.

A visual…. Pre-Covid….
1703985469836.png

Post Covid…
1703985492674.png

I'm sad about this change they made

donsullivan

Premium Member
I just watched the show from Poly Beach. It looks like at least two locations were lost because they no longer shut down the monorail which was previously the pattern. Definitely fewer launch locations than the historical 11.

It was still enjoyable despite those changes.

Last edited:

tallica

They are still “360” so to speak, but since these special shows returned after Covid they’ve utilized fewer launch points surrounding MK

Note the 6:30pm Fantasy in the Sky show 12/30 and 12/31 has never been ‘360’, it’s just the 11:50pm show.

A visual…. Pre-Covid….
View attachment 760881

Post Covid…
View attachment 760882
I'm sad about this change they made
early show was also 360, it was a family tradition to watch.

TrainsOfDisney

When was it 360 for the early show? My family has been going every year since 2010 and never remember a 360 early show.
Agreed, for a while they used to do holiday wishes as the early show. I don’t think they ever did the FULL 360 for the early show but I think they used to the party 360 which I guess is the same number of launch points as the full 360 now?

gerarar

Premium Member
I just watched the show from Poly Beach. It looks like at least two locations were lost because they no longer shut down the monorail which was previously the pattern. Definitely fewer launch locations than the historical 11.

It was still enjoyable despite those changes.
2 launch sites were lost due to the 2 new new ones near the main center launcher that came with DE. One near Tron and one near BTMR (this one parallels the Tron site one) were put offline.

During Project Nugget, they were not refurbished unlike the other perimeter launchers, so it's been believed that they're decommissioned/retired now.

In total, I've deemed at least 5 perimeters lost post-Covid. Here's a post I made a while back going over it
It doesn't really explain the other 4 launch sites that were cut.

One near space mountain, one near BTM, one near the Electrical Parade storage, and then one near the MK monorail station. All of these were cut. Even if they just removed the Tron site, the 360° effect would've been kept in tact for the most part.
View attachment 728299

The way I see it, this is mostly an effect of DE & Project Nugget with the construction of the 2 new launch sites (aqua blue) near the main site behind MK and $ cost-cutting.

Just to put into perspective, we went from 11 original launch sites to just 6. Almost a 50% reduction.
1704129234266.png

Last edited:

ith4lo

Original Poster
2 launch sites were lost due to the 2 new new ones near the main center launcher that came with DE. One near Tron and one near BTMR (this one parallels the Tron site one) were put offline.

During Project Nugget, they were not refurbished unlike the other perimeter launchers, so it's been believed that they're decommissioned/retired now.

In total, I've deemed at least 5 perimeters lost post-Covid. Here's a post I made a while back going over it

View attachment 761063
Yes, you are right, I noticed that the change occurred after the release of Disney Enchantment. I hope that in the near future the fireworks will return to the previous perimeters. It was exciting to look and see fireworks everywhere you looked.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

View attachment 761063
Here's what I had from last second show. Is this using any more launch sites?

Screenshot_20240101_145447_Photos.jpg

Attachments

• 1704139090205.png
    1704139090205.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 30

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Have the project nugget launch points been used for HEA, or any of the seasonal shows since Enchantment ended?

gerarar

Premium Member
Here's what I had from last second show. Is this using any more launch sites?

View attachment 761089

That looks the same as the last 2 years, 6 major launch sites total plus the 2 smaller center sites. Beautiful regardless, love that gif!

Have the project nugget launch points been used for HEA, or any of the seasonal shows since Enchantment ended?
Yep! They are used during HEA, MWCTF, the Halloween show (forgot the name to abbreviate lol), and July 4th.

During HEA, look during the villian segment when the high comets with tails and the finale barrage. In MWCTF during the When We're Together finale song.

ith4lo

Original Poster
Aqui está o que eu tive do último segundo show. Isso está usando mais sites de lançamento?

[ ATTACH = cheio ] 761089 [ / ATTACH ]

[ MEDIA = gifhy ] id = 6JXsABQUetUa9TMEHN; type = gif [ / MEDIA ]
no, there are fewer launch points, in the new version there are 6, before the change there were 11. Here is an example of what the view was like before the change:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom