New Wdw Water Craft

cjjudd

I READ THAT IN THE SPRING SOME OF THE WATERMOUSE BOATS
ARE BEING REPLACED WITH SOME FROM SEA RAY. I WAS LOKING FOR A PHOTO AND INFORMATION ON THESE NEW BOATS ON THE SEA RAY WEB SITE BUT HAD NO LUCK. DOES ANYONE KNOW
ANYTHING ABOUT THEM.

lebernadin

I just read a post, in the news/rumors folder, of a press release from Sea Ray. But it was in re to the new Yacht the GF received. But it didn't mention anything on their website about a huge deal to replace their water sprite fleet.

Upvote 0

polyman 65

We always rent mice at the Poly they where in desperate need of replacing them.I hope they have more power than the old ones,the old water mice dont move very fast when you weigh 220 pounds my kids are all over the lake and I cant keep up.

Upvote 0

Jeff D

I can fuly concur about the weight to speed ratio.:)

You have to realize that one reason they are so slow is they put a very low HP motor on them and then they detune them to only put out so much power. I have had a couple of time that the boat would baerly go over idle and I returned and had them give me another that was somewhat better. If you are famliar with boats you can tell that the motor never reaches it's power speed. I am sure this is obviously for guest safefty since kids can even rent them. With there being a high liability factor on these it only makes sense.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I really love the watermice. I hope that these new boats are similar.

Grr.. another boat I have to learn how to use.

According to the article posted, the boats will be available at the Yacht & Beach, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, & Downtown Disney. That is very cool. I was hoping to see some boats by the Epcot resorts. :)

Upvote 0
the water mice are now gone at the CONT. and the Sea Raycers have arrived they have a 9.9hp outboard drive engine and they appear to be very similar to the water mouse a little longer and wider, much better paint, I didn't have my camera with me but I plan on going over monday and taking one out and I'll take pictures.

Upvote 0
took one out today here's some pictures

8428100_0514-med.JPG

Upvote 0

BalooChicago

The Water Mice and Sea Raycers are made by the same company, Brunswick. Brunswick is known for their bowling equipment, but they are the "GM" (Not literally) of the boat world and also own Sea Ray, Maxum, Bayliner, and Boston Whaler boat brands in addition to Mercury and Mariner engine companies (They have several other brands of both). As neither the Mice or the Raycers are consumer models the Searay name is there for nothing more than Marketing purposes. Nice looking boats though!

Upvote 0
Re: New Boats

Originally posted by Donfan
Nice picture. Neat looking boat. I like the pointy nose. Good for ramming things.

funny you should mention raming things, they work well for that. the first boat they gave me wouldn't start so they had to pull it out by hand, the CM says to me once they got the second boat going slowly hit the boat to push it that way.

Upvote 0

kurros

It's not so bad at the marina in your photo but at Downtown Disney, it is very common for guests to hit the edges of the dock coming back into the marina. Since they are angled outwards, at the right speed and angle it's easy for the mice to flip over. That was what I was worried about most.

Since they are governed at about 5mph on our lake turning over during turns aren't really an issue.

Mind you this is something that doesn't happen every day... more like a few times a year. Other times we are able to reach out and pull the boat back before it turns over too much. But that is still too much for my tastes. It's scary for the guest and the CMs!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom