New Watercraft or just old ones?

NautOneFL

Original Poster
Of course I would see this when my camera was out of batteries!

Sat. my fiance' and I went to WDW to see the decorations at all the resorts. When we left the Grand to catch the launch to the Polynesian, there was an odd looking ferry boat-like thing practicing docking and undocking. After observation, I realized there were two - Magic Kingdom I and Magic Kingdom II. Both were doing a circuit between the Polynesian, the Grand, and the Kingdom dock. Is this due to greater capacity or are they phasing out the launches?

These boats were huge and looked to be based on the "Friendship" class boats, but with an open canopy instead of the enclosed boats.

Any thoughts?

-J

Mr.EPCOT

Those are the boats that were previously used at Animal Kingdom for the boat ride around Safari Village/Discovery Island. I believe they use them for fireworks cruises.

cola_boy29

I was heading to the Contemporary Resort Friday night and as I approached the water bridge one of the ferry boats, with guests aboard, was passing over from the Fort Wilderness side. I wonder if this was some special event they were using it for, or if they are planning on servicing the Bay Lake resorts.

MCFantasia

They mostly use them for "magical gatherings" cruises but I rode one last year from MK to FW. I asked the skipper and she said they'll pull them out sometimes during high traffic flow to assist the FW and WL cruisers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom