New to Universal...Need Help

mitchs

Original Poster
Going to Universal (1 park all day) for the first time with the family (wife and 2 boys 8,9) on July 13. What to do first, where to go, what tips to offer, do we need express passes?
Any/all suggestions will be extremely appreciated.
:veryconfu

cmatt

studios? well i wouldnt bother as there are only a handful of rides there... so in theory a day would be all it takes to do all the rides anyway.

Bear in mind teminator 3d is rated PG-13 and is also on at set times throughout the day. Definatly not a show to miss!

Return of the mummy is best done first thing - and as many times as possible.

JROK

At the Studios:

Great Rides:
-Mummy
-MiB
-JAWS

Great Shows:
-Terminator
-Horror Makeup
-Shrek

At IOA:

Great Rides:
-Spiderman
-Hulk
-Dueling Dragons
-Dudley
-JP River Adventure

Great Shows:
-Poseidon
-Sinbad

I'm unsure if you'll need the Express or not, but seeing as how it's mid summer and a Friday, you might. I would wait and see how the lines are, and you could always buy them that day if necessary.

metscool

Measure your kids first. Hulk and Dragons are 56". They will not let them in the que with they are not tall enough. It saves us some time between trains to check their hieght. When it comes to getting Express passes it is 100% worth the money.

cmatt

i thought he was only going to universal studios...my bad!

what the others said - express pass if your doing both in a day :wave: best purchase i made when i went last year... ill be staying there next time for a few days... :animwink:

Matpez

I think we need something cleared up... are you only planning to do 1 of the 2 parks, or both parks in one day?
If only 1, which 1?

kcnole

Which of the one parks are you going to for one day? I love both of them, but with a family of younger children I'd suggest the studios over IOA. And I'm assuming you're referring to the Universal in Orlando and not the one in Hollywood as those are two separate beasts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom