New, special variant of Disney logo for Greater China market

wtyy21

Original Poster
As part of the 5th anniversary of Shanghai Disney Resort, Walt Disney Pictures modified its opening logo to include some changes, despite maintaining similar background and fanfare as regular Disney logo:
1. Regular castle that appeared to be hybrid of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty castles were replaced by Enchanted Storybook Castle, the symbol of Shanghai Disneyland, in similar take as we seen in opening logo on Mulan live-action remake.
2. "Disney" texts is colored golden, also similar as in Mulan.
3. While the arc is drawing, the theme "Year of Magical Surprise" (奇妙连连 惊喜一整年) appears on the top of castle.

I also note that this logo only appears specifically for Greater China market, mainly Mainland China and in lesser extent, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau and nowhere found in international markets, including the United States. However, despite this, i shared anyone outside China region a video that show a proof that this is a special variant of the 2011 logo.

This logo begins to appeared on China releases of Encanto, Luca, Onward, and live-action thriller films relased by Disney since late 2021.

wtyy21

Original Poster
Thank you for your feedback. I think as the largest Disney castle, Enchanted Storybook Castle should be the logo for Walt Disney Pictures after nearly 15 years we saw mishmash between Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella castles worldwide, at least for Greater China market. I also would love to see another country/region-specific of Disney logo other than mishmash of Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella castles, including Castle of Magical Dreams for HK-based films, or maybe Sleeping Beauty Castle at DLP for film shoot in France/Europe.

Is time for Disney to rethink how they can do remade their logo by accomodating any unique castles seen in all six Magic Kingdom-style parks, instead homogeneous Disney Parks brand that has been commonly used since decades ago.

Last edited:

cheezbat

Seeing as how there are 2 Cinderella castles and WDW is the flagship resort, then clearly all the castles on the title screen should only be Cinderella castle. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom