New Spaceship Earth Sponsor

SGT623

Original Poster
Anyone else out there hear of a new Sponsor being named for Spaceship Earth in the very near future?

shmmrname

Shouldn't take a new sponsor to make sure the ride doesn't stall every 5-10 minutes...

Anyways, I was hoping to read a rumor here.

Captain Hank

shmmrname said:
Shouldn't take a new sponsor to make sure the ride doesn't stall every 5-10 minutes...

Anyways, I was hoping to read a rumor here.
Eh, it's not really stalling--just letting handicapped guests on or off.

TheDisneyMagic

Thats right, when the attraction slows down or comes to a stop it just means that someone that needs assistance to get into the vehicle is boarding.

SGT623

Original Poster
>>Why not tell us what you heard?<<

No secert here. I only heard that there was to be a new sponsor named very soon. That is all I know. I was hoping someone else had heard more or if it was only a rumor.

PhotoDave219

There was a rumor that Nextel was to become the sponsor, but seems to have died a quiet death, especially with Sprint buying nextel....

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Who did Disney offer their branded cellphones through? Was it Verizon? And who was producing the phones?

If SSE was to get a new sponsor, I would venture to guess that those two would be the most logical.

Lauriebar

I thought I had read somewhere that Disney was considering their own "brand" of cellular service. Would this still have to be through another service?

MickeyTigg

rolm said:
I'm still hearing at Siemens that we'll be the sponsor. My understanding, it's a done deal. But like a lot of things, decisions change.

Thrawn said:
Who did Disney offer their branded cellphones through? Was it Verizon? And who was producing the phones?

If SSE was to get a new sponsor, I would venture to guess that those two would be the most logical.

After the "helpful" deathstar talk finally some intelligent thought as to who the new sponsor might be.

I know a while ago, there was talk of Microsoft possibly sponsoring the attraction....but apparently that isn't going anywhere since we've heard nothing more.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Lauriebar said:
I thought I had read somewhere that Disney was considering their own "brand" of cellular service. Would this still have to be through another service?

Yes, "brand" in this case means that they will take existing service and put their name on it. Its through Sprint. Heres the story:
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2005/07/06/ap2125031.html

Doesn't say what phones they will use, but of course thats hard to say since it isn't starting til 06.

So I'd guess the frontrunner for the communications ride sponsor would have to be Sprint.

----

Oh, and GJ with the golf ball joke. Never heard that one before.

Yoop33

Thrawn said:
Yes, "brand" in this case means that they will take existing service and put their name on it. Its through Sprint. Heres the story:
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2005/07/06/ap2125031.html

Doesn't say what phones they will use, but of course thats hard to say since it isn't starting til 06.

So I'd guess the frontrunner for the communications ride sponsor would have to be Sprint.

I could see Sprint doing this because Disney will indeed be using their network (which I think is a bad idea). As for phone, they are planing to use both their ouwn models and existing models but offer software, firmware and applications all their own.
If you have not seen Disney's own DMOBO M900 you should check it out. It is nicely done and quite impressive!!
www.dmobo.com
I am sure they will be making a complete english version of this eventually. Although they have only made under 4000 of them in Japan. You can currently find them on Ebay for around $400-$500

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Yoop33 said:
I could see Sprint doing this because Disney will indeed be using their network (which I think is a bad idea). As for phone, they are planing to use both their ouwn models and existing models but offer software, firmware and applications all their own.
If you have not seen Disney's own DMOBO M900 you should check it out. It is nicely done and quite impressive!!
www.dmobo.com
I am sure they will be making a complete english version of this eventually. Although they have only made under 4000 of them in Japan. You can currently find them on Ebay for around $400-$500

Sprint/Nextel has one of the best networks in the country, second only to Cingular. Disney creating their own network isn't a viable option, so going with Sprint is the logical next choice.

Edit: As far as phones go, I meant the company actually producing the phones, not the particular model. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom