New safety spiels in "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"

disneyphilip

Original Poster
In addition to the station gates, new walls and railings, repainting, repairs, etc., The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh has received new bilingual safety spiels. The English spiels are done by Tigger while the Spanish spiels are done by a little boy. Here’s how the new spiels go:

“Hallooooooo, out there! It’s me, Tigger: T-I-double-guh-er. And being safe is what Tiggers like best, so please stay in your seats with your hands, arms, feets and legs inside. And grown-up types, please watch your little kids. Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! T.T.F.N.! Ta-ta for now! (Spanish safety spiel follows.)

Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! It’s me: Tigger! And being safe is what Tiggers like best, so please stay seated with your hands, arms, feets and legs inside. And grown-ups, please watch your adora-ba-ble children. Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! T.T.F.N.! Ta-ta for now! (Spanish safety spiel follows.)

The old "Step out to your left" spiels are gone.

Scooter

I heard from a friend that was there a while back that some little girl tried to climb out of the ride while it was moving and got her leg stuck in the moving part of the track.:eek:

She ended up having to have it amputated.:(

Hence all the new safety spiels and gates.

Please...everybody...watch your kids closely...it only takes a few seconds for kids to get into trouble. Hold their little hands and stay close to them at all times. One fleeting moment of not paying attention could turn your dream vacation into a nightmare.

Jerm

This sounds like the just copied the speil from TMAWP here in DL and put it over there.....I am so sorry, it gets really annoying. But then again you guys dont have to stand in the sun and listen to it over and over again. Also does WDW do the same thing that DL/DCA does where if you want to know of any thing that has happened on that ride you can go to City Hall and get a full run down. This includes any deaths or things like that, they started it a few months ago but I am not sure if it is just CalOSHA rules or all theme parks have to do it.

Jerm
*END OF LINE*

meanmice

Originally posted by Jerm
... Also does WDW do the same thing that DL/DCA does where if you want to know of any thing that has happened on that ride you can go to City Hall and get a full run down. This includes any deaths or things like that, they started it a few months ago but I am not sure if it is just CalOSHA rules or all theme parks have to do it.

Jerm
*END OF LINE*

I would be interested in finding this information out. You always hear rumors about rides, but it would be nice to know the truth. Then again no one ever dies on disney property, they're always declaired off site.

AndyMagic

I went on Winnie the Pooh the day it came back from rehab. I don't know if it was just me or not but did anyone else notice that the audio was incredibly low. It sounded like the animatronics were whispering and the ride mechanics could be heard more than the audio.

DisneyJill

I thought I heard once that Florida state law doesn't require theme parks to report accidents/deaths. Is this true?

Jerm

That is a lie people are declaired on site at times but that is far and few between. Also if you are looking for a good sources for some info on ride stuff and other jsut funny crap check out Mouse Tails and More Mouse Tails by David Konning, really great books about DL and I have heard he is doing one for WDW right now!!!!

J
*END OF LINE*

Sir Hiss527

That's nice to know the rehab is over, and the new spiel sounds pretty sweet! btw that's pretty interesting what they do at DL, where you can get reports about accidents on rides, etc. Hope that comes to WDW.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Could you tell if they used Tigger's Spanish voice for the spiel?

As I said above, Tigger does not do the Spanish spiels, only the English, while the Spanish spiels are done by a little boy.

Gregory

That is a lie people are declaired on site at times but that is far and few between. Also if you are looking for a good sources for some info on ride stuff and other jsut funny crap check out Mouse Tails and More Mouse Tails by David Konning, really great books about DL and I have heard he is doing one for WDW right now!!!!

J
*END OF LINE*

Here is an artice about the "Declared Dead" thing... Not sure if anyone has been declared dead yet...

Anyways, I can't wait to get the book, if it comes out for WDW...

Main Street USA

There are several websites that contain every single reported amusement park attraction accident. Do a google search and you'll find exactly what you're looking for.:)

jwbeck3

Originally posted by disneyphilip

The old "Step out to your left" spiels are gone.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, I loved this, it was like a tradition of mine to say it after every Fantasyland ride. I even had it in my signature :(

tdsryan

I agree, jwbeck3. The old spiel was one of the last remnants of Toad at that location. I forget if that spiel is used at any other Fantasyland attraction.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Originally posted by tdsryan
I agree, jwbeck3. The old spiel was one of the last remnants of Toad at that location. I forget if that spiel is used at any other Fantasyland attraction.

It can still be heard at the end of Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Gregory

Also if you are looking for a good sources for some info on ride stuff and other jsut funny crap check out Mouse Tails and More Mouse Tails by David Konning, really great books about DL and I have heard he is doing one for WDW right now!!!!

BTW- I can confirm that... I just got an e-mail back from him (through MousePlanet.com)

Thanks for the note, Gregory.
Yes, the rumor is true. Hope to have it completed by late next year.
Richest blessings,
David

Irrawaddy Erik

Re: No more "Step to you left please"

Originally posted by HebeJebe
Thank goodness for those poor CMs. Can you imagine hearing that all day long??
Actually you just learn to zone it out after a while.:brick: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom