New Rides at DCA

Favrefire4

Original Poster
I have just found out that Rnr could be in the running after ToT at DCA. Although it would be completely different from WDW and more like DLP. I have also heard the rumor that there are plans for a massive two story building behind California Screamin'. The top floor would be a Little Mermaid dark ride and the bottom floor would be used as a Buzz Lightyear ride. Can anyone confirm any of the rumors I have talked about and when they might becoming to the park. Anymore information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance......

ToTBellHop

Being that those two rumors come from Screamscape, certainly take them with a tremendous grain of salt--with that in mind, I do believe Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will come to this park by maybe...2010--simply because it is relatively compact, for a coaster, and still a lot of fun...both of which DCA can use (small, excellent rides)

DCA Fan

RnRC is possible, some have named it as a replacement to SSL.

The other one has no chance, on the other side of Screamin' is a road.

ToTBellHop

There are two possible replacements to SuperStar Limo that I can see--either Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin or Mickey's PhilharMagic. The planned location for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is on Sunset Boulevard, next to Tower of Terror w/ the launch to the East of the Tower and the ride behind it...a lot like the Sunset Boulevard set-up at MGM, only turned 90º. Beyond that, a though is to phase out Fantasmic! (as supported by its increasingly reduced schedule...only about 2 months this year), and place a similar show at DCA, with an amphitheater not unlike Hollywood Hills. If you haven't noticed, Disney wants to put the best things from MGM here in the least amount of space...with only two streets, Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard...seems smart to me. I would be tempted to believe Disney will take the logical route and put Buzz in the Backlot and PhilharMagic in Fantasyland.

RobVanDam

Also,

is it really possible to have a building dedicated to two attractions , how would u label the outside details ....

as i think about it.. i cant really think of a building presently that hosts 2 attractions with different themes

imagineer boy

I have heard ( although not pleased with the idea ), that the Soap Opra Bistro will be closed and replaced with a PlayHouse Disney show.:rolleyes:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I have heard ( although not pleased with the idea ), that the Soap Opra Bistro will be closed and replaced with a PlayHouse Disney show.:rolleyes:

It opens in April. As for a building w/ two rides, it might be kewl to have Buzz on the second floor and have an elevator like the DisneyQuest one that takes you up to the "Space port" w/ a preshow.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by RobVanDam
hold on...

true or false?

theres a playhouse disney live on stage in MGM???

true. Realize that this is all in an attempt to make California Adventure more family-friendly.

RobVanDam

:hammer: :brick: :hammer: :brick:

sorry about that .. i went brain dead , for some reason i was getting the soap opera bistro and the hollywood brown derby confused..

stupid stuipid me:brick: :brick:

DCA Fan

Originally posted by RobVanDam
Also,

is it really possible to have a building dedicated to two attractions , how would u label the outside details ....

as i think about it.. i cant really think of a building presently that hosts 2 attractions with different themes
Yes. Alice in Wonderland & Mr. Toad share the same building, w/ Alice having a chain lift in the beginning of the ride.

NOOO! Never let Fantasmic go! A curse to anyone who suggests that!

And finally, the show being tested for DCA's lagoon is either a Little Mermaid show, a fountain show (see Bellagio), or a combo of both.

Justin

Screamscape is always picking out wild rumours but i do believe in some ways that RnRc might be coming to DCA.
The park is more in
For alot of attractions that the Disney Resort in Florida uses; Such as Its tough to be a bug,Muppets 3-D, and so on...

Although I do believe if they could be up for another RnRc, Disney & Vekoma are having some problems what i hear.... This could affect that, Unless they get Premier or Intamin to follow in the manufacturing for the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom