New Princess Movie Annouced for 2018?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I can't find any sources yet that don't site this same blog. Anyone know if this is true?

Hollywood blog Bustle.com reports Moana Waialiki will be the main character of Disney's newly announced film "Moana." As a sea voyaging enthusiast and the only daughter of a chief in a long line of navigators, Moana will set off on an epic journey after finding out that her family needs her help.

The film – which will embody a new style of CG similar to the Disney short film "Paperman" – will also include demi-gods and spirits from real Polynesian mythology, according to Bustle.

It is expected to be released in 2018.

24230364_BG1.jpg

24230364_BG2.jpg

Sped2424

Bleeding cool posted about that film a while back. Also this film has been on the minds of John Musker and Ron clements since princess and the frog! They were working on an adaption of Terry PRatchett's Mort, but they ran into some rights issue and it prevented them from moving on with the project. To avoid that again Musker and Clements started to brainstorm new ideas, thus Moana came to be. It was rumored that this film would be animated in the same 2d/3d style as Paperman, but Musker said "its far to early to apply the Paperman technique to a feather. The Meander digital in- betweening interface still has a host of production issues (including color) that need to be perfected." According to bleeding cool however this film will have a different style than tangled, frozen or the rumored Giants. The style for this film will be a new painterly style of CG (maybe what they were originally going for in tangled?) The artwork that is going on isn't offical concept art, just more visual development.
Edit- This film was being thought of long before alunai, so no she isn't a dvc princess, by that logic mary poppins is now a dvc character, tiana is nothing more than a resort pusher for the new Orleans resort. We both know this to not be true, so give the movie some slack it ain't even that far in development yet.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

You can be cynical all you like, but the fact is that Disney has looked to South Pacific/ Polynesian culture and imagery many times in the past, so it makes sense they'd do so again, especially considering that the last film to have that as an influence was a big success for the company.

Matt_Black

Hey, if they're getting Mancina, hopefully they can bring back Phil Collins too. His songs were awesome.

"You know what I like about Phil Collins? He's a little guy, but he's not mean. A lot of little guys are mean, eh?"

Magenta Panther

Sounds like an interesting idea...and I'm really excited by the use of the "Paperman" animation technique. That was awesome. Too bad we have to wait all the way to 2018 though...:I
godsocen1.jpg

The above are supposedly some of the Polynesian gods/demigods. Apparently they are so godlike they can walk on water :D. And they look like the Legion of Tiki Heroes. :cat:

Sped2424

Sounds like an interesting idea...and I'm really excited by the use of the "Paperman" animation technique. That was awesome. Too bad we have to wait all the way to 2018 though...:I
godsocen1.jpg

The above are supposedly some of the Polynesian gods/demigods. Apparently they are so godlike they can walk on water :D. And they look like the Legion of Tiki Heroes. :cat:
This film shall not be using the Paperman technique, Musker said it's still far too early to apply that to an animated feature, instead the film will use a more painterly style of cg, different from the style used in tangled and frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom