New "Let the Memories Begin" Banner

JustInTime

Original Poster
Located at the entrance of Magic Kingdom and infront of the Train Station, the Large banner is flanked on each side with photos from around the parks. It looks like it may light up. Also Mickey's face has a nice new color scheme with the flowers. I personally like it. Still searching for pictures...

*EDIT: Actually, found this video on another forum...thoughts?

http://www.twitvid.com/TM0LE

S

stphnbogert

Located at the entrance of the park and infront of the Train Station, the Large banner is flanked on each side with photos from around the parks. It looks like it may light up. Also Mickey's face has a nice new color scheme. I personally like it. Still searching for pictures...

sweet. all this info coming this weekend is getting me excited for my visit to mk next weekend =D

S

stphnbogert

You got in there quick! I don't know if you saw the video I managed to find or not...

haha no it didnt show up. i'm at the computer 24/7 unless i'm not at disney. i read practically every article that comes out. i work from home so its easy to lol. but i live 20min. away so i try to go every weekend.

robw1997

I might be shot for saying this but, I really like this new banner. For all of you who think this is going to ruin your WDW vacation, you are wrong. All of the same attractions, entertainment, and WDW excitement will still be there. This new campaign is only a placeholder as they get ready for the 40th. At least they didn't decorate the Castle like a giant birthday cake (OMG, I am already having flashbacks from my 1997 WDW vacation). Just enjoy this campaign while it lasts. Believe me, Disney is not the type of company that is just going to do something cheap and cheesy.

britlightyear

I will wait to fully judge it next week when we are there but I don't like how it looks in the video.

Why would I want to take a picture of my family in front of the train station when you are going to see other people's vacation photos in the background?:brick: Same thing goes for the castle projections...
I go to WDW to take pictures of MY FAMILY at WDW not other people's families.

robw1997

From personal experience, I can tell you that things at WDW that I did not like in videos or photos, look a lot better in real life. As for the castle projections, it is only an 8 minute show that will take place before Wishes. You will have all day, and the rest of the nighttime to take photos in front of the Castle. Believe me, once you get there you will still have a wonderful time.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Not a fan.

I probably wouldn't mind it, if not for the photos of random strangers on vacation in the background.

The whole campaign still reminds me of the ads for the musical, Cats, though.

hpyhnt 1000

Could be worse. So far, the banners and overall appearence of this promotion are definitely classier than Celebrate Today (thankfully). Apart from the random pictures, the main sign in front of the train station isn't bad, but probably could have been smaller. And I think the strobe/twinkle effect is kinda tacky looking. The fiber optic/pixie dust effect is nice, but the strobing is unecessary.

Again, could be worse (anyone remember those awful pink pixie wing things from the first year of the Year of a Million Dreams? :hammer:).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom