News New 'Ice Age' sand sculpture being built at Disney's Animal Kingdom celebrating new Disney+ original

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Animal-Kingdom_Full_46262.jpg

Brad Bishop

It's so incredibly weird to me.

Disney being homogenized into all of these different parts. It'd be like walking into the Magic Kingdom and seeing Bug Bunny and Daffy Duck walk around. "Hey, Bugs... You're in the wrong part of town!"

Still, Disney now owns all of these properties so I guess we can all expect to see them show up in the parks.

It sort of feels like "low grade" stuff is being allowed into the parks with this, however.

What if they bought Hanna Barbera and then you started seeing Fred and Wilma walk around? It's just odd.

There's no stopping it. In my brain it doesn't fit...and it's odd.

That, plus, they're making another Ice Age movie because what's one good (not great) movie + 3-4 really bad sequels need? Another sequel.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just when you think TDO can't do something even dumber... they lower the bar. At least the Raya sand sculpture was an actual Disney movie. This is just one of Bob's ego buys.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m all for the sand sculpture, although shouldn’t it be at Epcot for the arts festival?

As for Ice Age... why? I guess it’s better than a Simpsons or Family Guy sculpture.... that will be next I’m sure.

OG Runner

I’m all for the sand sculpture, although shouldn’t it be at Epcot for the arts festival?

As for Ice Age... why? I guess it’s better than a Simpsons or Family Guy sculpture.... that will be next I’m sure.

The "special" is new and being shown on Disney+.

disneygeek90

Isn't the reason in the title of the thread? And because animals?

New 'Ice Age' sand sculpture being built at Disney's Animal Kingdom celebrating new Disney+ original.

TrainsOfDisney

Isn't the reason in the title of the thread? And because animals?

New 'Ice Age' sand sculpture being built at Disney's Animal Kingdom celebrating new Disney+ original.
Sure. But big red is also coming to Disney+ - id rather see Pixar than Dreamworks represented but that’s me.

disneygeek90

Sure. But big red is also coming to Disney+ - id rather see Pixar than Dreamworks represented but that’s me.
It is, but still over a month away while the Ice Age piece is already live. They have sand sculptures in AK pretty regularly. I don't care about the Ice Age series anymore though I did watch it a decent amount growing up. While it's odd to see that franchise related to Disney, I don't see anything egregious with adding a unique and temporary sand sculpture when new content just dropped.

Brad Bishop

Ice Age wasn't Dreamworks. It was Fox.

Dreamworks had a lot of promise but if you look over the moves that were made, there's A LOT of "meh" in there.

I used to collect animated movies, at least from major studios. I had to stop. It was just too much crap (I mean actual crap movies) to consider.

That being said, there are some golden nuggets in there (Dreamworks and others) that people just miss.

JohnD

It's so incredibly weird to me.

Disney being homogenized into all of these different parts. It'd be like walking into the Magic Kingdom and seeing Bug Bunny and Daffy Duck walk around. "Hey, Bugs... You're in the wrong part of town!"

Still, Disney now owns all of these properties so I guess we can all expect to see them show up in the parks.

It sort of feels like "low grade" stuff is being allowed into the parks with this, however.

What if they bought Hanna Barbera and then you started seeing Fred and Wilma walk around? It's just odd.

There's no stopping it. In my brain it doesn't fit...and it's odd.

That, plus, they're making another Ice Age movie because what's one good (not great) movie + 3-4 really bad sequels need? Another sequel.

If you bothered to look, it's not "in" a park. It's outside AK. Splitting hairs? Maybe. But not in a park. Second, is Star Wars odd in HS? What about Marvel in Epcot or DCA? Should Pixar be ripped out of the parks too? Seriously, what is "pure" Disney that is good enough for you? Even Snow White, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, etc. weren't original Disney stories but Disney interpretations of original books. While we may like Mary Poppins, it's no secret that PL Travers was less than thrilled with Walt's version.

JohnD

Just when you think TDO can't do something even dumber... they lower the bar. At least the Raya sand sculpture was an actual Disney movie. This is just one of Bob's ego buys.

They're only allowed to promote movies, not new shows on Disney+? That's news to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom