FettFan

To lighten things up a bit, here’s a neat little beat of trivia that doesn’t get mentioned very often..

Sometime after Horizons closed, the original Haunted Mansion Little Leota figure was put into storage and the Hologram Girl figure from Horizons replaced her (notice the flesh colored hands).

View attachment 461618
View attachment 461619
View attachment 461620

(The heads in the storage pic are also from Horizons)

The heads wrapped in plastic give me more than a little "Westworld" vibe.
d867f5e37816ae9d17034c8f612230d5

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was sure hoping some of Horizons would get a new home in Spaceship Earth, especially when they said they may be extending the ride but it’s looking like the complete opposite now.

Dragonman

I was sure hoping some of Horizons would get a new home in Spaceship Earth, especially when they said they may be extending the ride but it’s looking like the complete opposite now.

I know at least one of the Horizons designers helped create the space station scene for Spaceship Earth (which is partially still there), the animatronic woman inside of it seems to have the same face mask as the scuba teacher from Horizons.

DreamfinderGuy

Those photos were quite common back in the day. There was a website called The Horizons Tragedy that documented virtually every day of it. IIRC it’s still around on the Wayback Machine. Those photos look very similar to what was on there.
The Horizons Tragedy is still up, but it’s only exterior photos. Unless these interior ones are the lost ones from the Yahoo group, those died when the group died.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom