New FP+/MyMagic+ videos from Disney

Rob562

Original Poster
So the DisneyParks channel just put out a few new videos/commercials about FP+ and MM+.

The Memory Maker one is cute, though it's not really advertising anything that doesn't already exist under the old PhotoPass, other than the MB integration.

The other thing is that the FP+ video adds to my (personal) belief that pre-booking FP+ *will* eventually be rolled out to everyone with a park ticket linked to MDE. No where in all of the videos and literature that have been posted has it said "Disney resort Guests only", and I highly doubt that they would so openly tout the pre-booking aspect if it were to strictly be a perk of Disney resort Guests.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the off-site Guests had a *shorter* booking window than on-site Guests, but no access at all would truly surprise me.

Edit to add: Though I will concede that there is a line in the description of the FP+ video that says "Be part of our FastPass+ test when you stay at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!" Though it specifically refers to the testing, and the linked page on MDE says "...when you preview FastPass+ with a stay at..."

-Rob

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I like the memory maker one. The FP+ one is a bit cheesey but gets the point across I guess. The magic band one is kinda funny. I think these are pretty much what I would have expected. It's an honest effort to sell the system as a plus. On its face it will probably play well, but once you get into the details is where it gets confusing.

So the DisneyParks channel just put out a few new videos/commercials about FP+ and MM+.

The Memory Maker one is cute, though it's not really advertising anything that doesn't already exist under the old PhotoPass, other than the MB integration.

The other thing is that the FP+ video adds to my (personal) belief that pre-booking FP+ *will* eventually be rolled out to everyone with a park ticket linked to MDE. No where in all of the videos and literature that have been posted has it said "Disney resort Guests only", and I highly doubt that they would so openly tout the pre-booking aspect if it were to strictly be a perk of Disney resort Guests.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the off-site Guests had a *shorter* booking window than on-site Guests, but no access at all would truly surprise me.

Edit to add: Though I will concede that there is a line in the description of the FP+ video that says "Be part of our FastPass+ test when you stay at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!" Though it specifically refers to the testing, and the linked page on MDE says "...when you preview FastPass+ with a stay at..."

-Rob

I'm not seeing a smoking gun for off property guests being allowed to pre-book FP reservations. The system is technically available to everyone now, but only on the day of for off property guests. They have already said the bands will only be available to resort guests and they are advertising them so I don't see why they wouldn't advertise pre-booking if it was only available to resort guests. Of course if they plan on making both available to off property guests for an additional fee that makes even more sense. I'm not saying they definitely won't roll out advance FP to off property guests, just that I don't see anything in these adds that implies anything one way or the other. I think we'll have to wait a few months to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom