New "finds" at WDW restaurants

We decided on our most recent trip last week to try some new places -- "off our usual beaten path" -- and boy were we pleasantly surprised! I thought I'd share what we found here!

At Olivia's at Old Key West, I had a delicious omelet and my husband had french toast with their homemade pineapple jam. Both were excellent -- I wish the bottled the jam!

The outdoor "fastfood" Mexican place was great! We wanted a snack and shared a combination plate and my husband had a smoothy that was delicious! GREAT black refried beans.

At Concourse Steakhouse I had a fantastic omelet and the hubby had eggs benedict and another fruit smoothy. Everything was yummy!

At Captain Jack's Oyster Bar I had some of the best crabcakes I've ever eaten (though I haven't ever been to Maryland!) and my husband had a pasta with seafood in it that was fantastic. I also had a salad with their Papaya vinaigrette -- wow! Another thing I wish they bottled!

We ate in the China Pavilion for the second time this trip, and our experience was even better than the first. My husband had the honey sesame chicken which was great and I had the drunken chicken salad and wonton soup -- mmmmmmm!

And we went to Tusker House at Animal Kingdom which had a totally different menu from the last time we were there. The chicken salad with foccacia bread was excellent, as was the chicken sandwich with bacon and dressing. Suprisingly, I never noticed that the fresh fruit stand outside also had sliced tomato wedges with vinaigrette dressing -- a great, refreshing, different snack and good for the waistline, too!

At Palio at the Swan, we had a wonderful Italian meal -- we both had pasta with a spicy red sauce and shrimp and scallops. And I had the best bread pudding I've ever had -- with a bing cherry sauce that was soooooo good!

We'd never eaten at the Swan or Dolphin before, but since DVC members get 20% off and our first try was so good, we'll definitely be trying more of their restaurants! If anyone has any recommendations, please post them!

And if anyone has recommendations for other unusual restaurants or snack places "off the beaten path" please post those, too!

Katherine

We went to the "fast-food" place at the Morrocco Pavilion and it is really good! I really enjoyed grabbing a quick bite at a middle eastern restaurant!

Upvote 0

tomman710

There is a Japense restaurant in the Dolphin, I think or it could be the Swan, I don't remember exactly. I ate there two years ago and it was really good.

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

cinderellas royal table awesome food great chicken ceaser salad and hugh to oh and dont for get to have there smothie in there special sovenier cup.

san angel inn at the mexican pavillion excellent food its the most mouth watering and romantic experience ever. i can still taste it and i went there like 2 years ago.

Alfredo di roma at itally delicious still tasteing that too yum. greatest ceaser salad ever authentic and very good pasta.

nine dragons yum honey chicken

garden grill at the land freshest food ever, and its all u can eat.

sci fi dine in- most delicious ribs with a kick there soked in coca cola.

50s prime time its so much fun awesome every thing and great desert.

rain forest cafe an experience like no other the best chicken quesadillas

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom