New Fiction Book Set in the Magic Kingdom

aligrip

Original Poster
It seems that science fiction writer Cory Doctrow has just released a new novel that is set entirely in the Magic Kingdom. I have not read any reviews, and I do not know what the story line is about. He is giving it away for free though, so it is worth checking out!

You can download it in HTML, PDF, or PalmOS format. The URL is here: http://www.craphound.com/down/ and the name of the book is 'Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom'.

Monorail Lime

It's set in a future where people can live in the Magic Kingdom. I'm about halfway through and I must say it is very... interesting. :D

Go download now. If you like it, be sure to buy a copy to support the author and the "open" publishing movement.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Yeah, I've been reading it since this morning when I caught it mentioned on /.

His servers seemed to handle it well. He must have been prepared. :lol:

It's, interesting so far. :D

RPMdfw

I think that this is a very interesting and enjoyable story. I was kind of disappointed that we don't get to see much more of Disney World during the course of the story. Fantasyland and ToonTown are almost compltetely ignored, Tomorrowland is simply referred to as people talk about Space Mountain. And we don't get to see Epcot the Studios or AK at all. (granted, the story IS called Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom)

The thought that people would someday be able to go in and just take over parts of the world and change it as they see fit, or oust the people that were already there is very thought provoking, as is the idea that people are posting their thoughts and opinions online while actually in the park.

Pretty wild, but a fun read.

MKCustodial

I'm on Chapter 4, so far, and a bit disappointed that they still haven't mentioned Frontierland and that PotC is gone. :cry:

It's an interesting book, even though it's pretty weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom