New favorite version of an old favorite song.

Smiley/OCD

I know it's probably not everyone’s “cup of tea”, but I’m a HUGE James Taylor fan (seen him in concert 34 times!!)
He sent out a link to this group called Choir Choir Choir...they performed “Shower the People”...they get a group of people, teach them the parts and perform the song....if you get a chance, look them up on YouTube

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I know it's probably not everyone’s “cup of tea”, but I’m a HUGE James Taylor fan (seen him in concert 34 times!!)
He sent out a link to this group called Choir Choir Choir...they performed “Shower the People”...they get a group of people, teach them the parts and perform the song....if you get a chance, look them up on YouTube

I can't imagine seeing anyone 34 times. I think the most I've ever seen one act is Transiberian Orchestra, which I have seen maybe eight to ten times.
My favorite JT is Steamroller Blues.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I can't imagine seeing anyone 34 times. I think the most I've ever seen one act is Transiberian Orchestra, which I have seen maybe eight to ten times.

Saw Transiberian Orchestra once, quite a few years ago. Loved the show. (I rarely go to concerts, etc., due to the very high price of tickets. Most are out of my price range.)

Smiley/OCD

Being a Jersey guy, I know people who have seen Springsteen hundreds of times and "dead heads" who have seen them back in the day hundreds of times too so I understand where you're coming from...I'm not a "boss" fan or a dead fan, but I LOVE sweet baby James...34th time was the charm...I got to meet him! I started my career in radio and owned a record store...one of the perks was going to concerts whenever possible...close to 300 concerts...got my DW hooked and the kids too! If it's good music, it doesn't matter whether its rock, pop, country or R & B, music is it!! (never saw TSO...but I'd like to!)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Being a Jersey guy, I know people who have seen Springsteen hundreds of times and "dead heads" who have seen them back in the day hundreds of times too so I understand where you're coming from...I'm not a "boss" fan or a dead fan, but I LOVE sweet baby James...34th time was the charm...I got to meet him! I started my career in radio and owned a record store...one of the perks was going to concerts whenever possible...close to 300 concerts...got my DW hooked and the kids too! If it's good music, it doesn't matter whether its rock, pop, country or R & B, music is it!! (never saw TSO...but I'd like to!)

We stopped going to TSO shows a couple of years ago as the show had become simply overwhelming with a truly ridiculous amount of lasers, pyro, fireworks, flamethrowers, gigantic video screens and moving platforms and walkways that, for us just became too much.
I remember our last one, we both left with a pounding headache from the massive amount of visual overstimulation.
Imagine two straight hours of this...just too much. The music used to be the really good, but it has gotten overshadowed by the spectacle, which for me became a distraction to the enjoyment of the concert.
Still, probably worth it to see once if you have not been.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Oh, another thing we learned kinda by accident, TSO is not one group, but two. A few years ago we got tickets to the show in Greenville, S.C. and then a few weeks later at Atlanta.
The show was the same, but every single person onstage was different. Turns out there are two groups touring, I suppose to be able to perform as many holiday shows as possible during the limited holiday touring season.
Kinda like how there are multiple versions of Blue Man Group.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Saw Transiberian Orchestra once, quite a few years ago. Loved the show. (I rarely go to concerts, etc., due to the very high price of tickets. Most are out of my price range.)

We would usually get upper level seats at TSO, a long way from the stage, but then you could take it all in, and the upper level seats are the cheap seats. Don't think we ever paid more than $50 to see them. I have friends who would pay big bucks for floor level seats and they could not see squat except for what was right in front of them.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We stopped going to TSO shows a couple of years ago as the show had become simply overwhelming with a truly ridiculous amount of lasers, pyro, fireworks, flamethrowers, gigantic video screens and moving platforms and walkways that, for us just became too much.
I remember our last one, we both left with a pounding headache from the massive amount of visual overstimulation.
Imagine two straight hours of this...just too much. The music used to be the really good, but it has gotten overshadowed by the spectacle, which for me became a distraction to the enjoyment of the concert.
Still, probably worth it to see once if you have not been.

Yup, pyro, etc. overkill. I can't recall how many years ago it was when I saw them. At that time, they had a reasonable balance of pyro, etc., but none of it was overwhelming. It complemented the music.

However, looking at the 2019 clip, yikes! That's a game changer right there. :banghead: (I'd certainly like to tell them that less is more. ) :facepalm:

Smiley/OCD

We would usually get upper level seats at TSO, a long way from the stage, but then you could take it all in, and the upper level seats are the cheap seats. Don't think we ever paid more than $50 to see them. I have friends who would pay big bucks for floor level seats and they could not see squat except for what was right in front of them.
Yeah, I never understood why someone would spend $$$ to sit in the first few rows and have to spend the entire night looking UP at the stage or, worse yet, STANDING the entire show...It's almost like getting general admission seats and standing the whole show! lol...That, plus the outlandish prices they are now charging...I'm not paying 200 bucks (or more) to see anyone! I had the opportunity to take my girls to see Billy Joel at MSG late last year...I've seen him 6 times, but my DD's haven't...the cheapest, nosebleed seats were over 200 a piece. Just not gonna do it! As an aside, the only concert I have regrets about not seeing was Queen with Freddie Mercury. Had the opportunity in the early 80's, but for some STUPID reason, passed on it...I regret it to this day!

Goofyernmost

I've been to very few live concerts involving someone(s) that were famous. Going back a number of years ago I went to Peter, Paul & Mary (2), The Turtles (2), The Smothers Bros., Roy Clark, Johnny Cash, The Cowsills, the Irish Rovers, James Taylor, Toby Keith and one or two others that I don't recall anymore. I know there was at least one more and I just can't remember his name. I am surprised that I went to this many to tell the truth.

Goofyernmost

I've been to very few live concerts involving someone(s) that were famous. Going back a number of years ago I went to Peter, Paul & Mary (2), The Turtles (2), The Smothers Bros., Roy Clark, Johnny Cash, The Cowsills, the Irish Rovers, James Taylor, Toby Keith and one or two others that I don't recall anymore. I know there was at least one more and I just can't remember his name. I am surprised that I went to this many to tell the truth.
I did think of one more, Rod McKuen whose concert I attended on a first date, during my introspective, double breasted sports jacket, flair pants, semi-hippy, cool era. Otherwise known as "The good old days".

Smiley/OCD

Yup, pyro, etc. overkill. I can't recall how many years ago it was when I saw them. At that time, they had a reasonable balance of pyro, etc., but none of it was overwhelming. It complemented the music.

However, looking at the 2019 clip, yikes! That's a game changer right there. :banghead: (I'd certainly like to tell them that less is more. ) :facepalm:
Well, remember, they were all former members of heavy metal bands... I guess the apple...lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom