New Fantasyland

Omegadiz

Original Poster
WDW's fantasyland is kinda weak. even after the expansion (by the way, its not even a real expansion) i think that the term "fantasy" covers a lot more than princesses and faries.

At first (before Uni got the rights to Potter) i thought a simple and cool solution would be to simply add Beastlie Kingdomme to FL. For obvious reasons that cant happen but it can come close.

MY IDEAS

Cinderella Castle (specifically for WDW)
Cinderella seems a bit too modern to have a castle that leads to Fantasyland. WDW's castle should turn into a castle that takes elements from every princess' castle. Another change would be the entire color scheme. It doesnt seem warm and friendly like SB castle in DL and DLP.
I also believe that the castle should appear larger. The castle at Uni Singapore looks very large http://api.ning.com/files/xq1LbTXex...dCxubjSsMnyRAza48F1*vLy/SingaporeJan10348.JPG
I basically mean that the castle should look wider. It looks too cramped.
The castle should also be big enough to have a real interior. I personaly dont like the tunel feel of walking straight through the castle. Either it should have an Atrium like paris, or actually have different rooms/chambers. It should also hold a lot of princess m&gs like how the princess thingy at disneyland is. the only princesses would be Cinderella Aurora Repunzel and possibly Snow White (weird how she has 2 first names, or is white her last name?) Minnie and Daisy. They will all have their own specific spot in the castle. Basically when you meet Cinderella, you will not she Aurora while your picture is taken but she would still be out.
Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Tiana wouldnt be included do to them having specific spots in the park.

Mythical area / Narnia
I really dont know how to tittle it but it would take from the concepts that were proposed for Beastlie Kingdomme. Unicorns, Peagasuses and legendary animals that arent at WWoHP

Attractions would be
  • Fantasia boat ride proposed for BK (storybook land on steriods with AAs)
  • Maze proposed to BK
  • Chronicles of Narnia (dark ride)
Land of the Beast
Again these are just names i came up with at the top of my head. This area, aimed for boys, would feature the mythical bad guys. Trolls, cyclopes, lochness monster and other beasts as well as Knights and themes similar to The Black Cauldron and the Sword in the Stone. This mini-land is the equivelent to the evil-ish side of BK. This and the the discription abouve go hand in hand. a scaled down version of BK.

Attractions
  • The fantasia boat ride would come through here
  • The dragon from paris
  • Pull the sword from the Stone show
  • Some E-ticket
Kingdom Hearts Mini-Area (sounds bad but it would probably be the Potter-Wacker)
Kingdom Hearts is the most successful video game series that Disney participated in. Honestly, you could make an entire themepark out of it. Here, the main setting would be a mix of Travers Town, Twilight Town, and Hollow Bastion. I call it the Potter-Wacker because KH/FF has a very large audience, a lot of theme can be put in, and it has an alternative to potter.

Potter sells wands-----Keyblade Master Training Academy (like SW)
Potter has Wizard Salesmen -----Moogles

Get the picture?​
This could also put a stop on those teens who dress up like KH characters!

Attractions
  • I can see a very decent dark ride based on KH that could finally compete with spider man.
  • A Keyblade interactive shop (like the wand shop)
  • Keyblade Training Academy.
Shadowlands
The Villains finally get a land. The center piece would either be Maleficent's castle, or Bald Mountain.

Let your imaginations run wild on this!!!​
Pixie Hollow?
Wonderland?

Meet and Greets
with MTTF being demolished there are a rediculas amount of places to meet the Fab 5 in fantasyland alone!
  • Kingdom Hearts Attire
  • Prince/Princess attire
  • Musketeer Attire
  • Brave Little Tailor
  • Fantasia??

Add a few Ideas!!

DisneyWall-E

Not to mention the fact that you can't even walk thru the castle most of the time because of the show that takes place twice a day. Keep the show but make it smaller I guess, so they don't have to close the hallway for too long a time before between and after each show.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
ya know, Im kinda debating whether or not the show will remain. For one thing, my plan involves making the castle more explorable. With that said, guest should have very easy acces to the castle.
Personally, I find a castle show neat, but when you walk down mainstreet durring mid-preformance it takes away from the scenary. Another thing is when the same show happens like 10 times a day, it kinda gets on peoples nerves. I still want to keep a show there though.

Solutions
  1. Get rid of the castle show entirely​
  2. Limmit the show to about 3 times a day​
  3. Turn the castle into a complex that houses a show inside​
  4. add a new/ relocate the stage to somewhere around the castle​
  5. Make a new stage for shows in Fatasyland.​
  6. Make a few stages​

As i said before, seenig the same show go on as you pass the castle is kinda annoying. So different shows durring the day would be interesting.
With that said, the stage may want to be moved into FL beacause seeing some real fantasy explode from MSUSA might seem odd.

New Show Concepts
These dont have to be "shows" persay. they could just be random instances that suprise guest. I remember being younger, I saw Peter Pan and Captain Hook climbing up the side of the castle chasing eachother. Can someone tell me whether that was a real show or if they know what im talking about????​
  1. Something that involves the three musketeers (Mickey Don and the Goof)
  2. Kingdom Hearts. Im partially obsessed with it due to the new game that came out, but I really do-and always thought that a small little show with some special effects couldn really make it interesting
  3. Personally i think fantasmic would belong in my new fantasyland
  4. Princess melody
Since we are talking about the castle, I really think that each park should have its own and because there arent enough princesses and Tokyo treats their castle better, that MK should have the giant castle.

I really want opinions on that. Replacing that castle would take nearly a year. Could people still enjoy the park without it, or would you have to close the entire park?

With that I also want to remake HK's castle into Snow White's. It could have a possile dark water ride through the queen's secter water route.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Maybe a little more landscaping as well. a few chanels of running water(blue water. not that green muck) bridges and decorative hedges.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
A possble olympus area?.................anything to get Fantasyland looking as good as paris with new theming!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom