New EPCOT Reimagined merchandise collection

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Creations-Shop_Full_53015.jpg

stuart

Would it really hurt them to design something subtle for once?

Just a simple polo with an EPCOT logo?

Glad I was able to make something like this up for myself at my old work.

Hopefully the light up SSE has a longer run than the 40th one, and I can pick one up next summer.

1000036275.jpg

Fear

From the blog post:
You might have noticed several circular icons throughout all these designs. These icons can be seen on the flags at the entrance of the park and give a nod to the various pavilions across EPCOT: Galaxy, Imagination, Journey, Land, Motion, Odyssey, Seas, Space, Spaceship Earth, and World Showcase.
Might as well call the Play! pavilion "Bruno", because they just won't talk about it.

1694799384474.png

Ignoring the fact that Crush has the Land pavilion on his pin which bothers me to no end, it's weird that A) They're still using the "World Celebration Table" logo and B) Olaf is attached to it, instead of having World Showcase. Even if they pivot the Table logo to Communicore Hall, it would make more sense for it to be attached to a Mickey & Friends character, like Minnie.

aladdin2007

They don't know what they are doing, they are just throwing these designs together and they don't know what correlates with what, such as stitch which has no place there at all. Really surprised moana isnt slapped on everything, we can be glad of that. welcome to epcotplus, all cartoon characters magic kingdom 2.0

osian

Well, yet more Epcot merchandise that I won't be getting, even though it's my favourite park. Look at my avatar. Does it look like I'm into bleeding Micky Mouse and cute cartoon characters that have nothing to do with Epcot?

hpyhnt 1000

View attachment 743082

Ignoring the fact that Crush has the Land pavilion on his pin which bothers me to no end, it's weird that A) They're still using the "World Celebration Table" logo and B) Olaf is attached to it, instead of having World Showcase. Even if they pivot the Table logo to Communicore Hall, it would make more sense for it to be attached to a Mickey & Friends character, like Minnie.
The Figment pin is the only one that really makes sense here. I suppose Nemo is acceptable, too, but the others truly make no sense.

Mickey = SSE. Because… iconic character for the park’s icon?

Minnie = Test Track/WoM. Um, what?

Olaf = World Celebration(?). Huh? First, what does that icon even represent anymore? Second, what does Olaf have to do with it?

Remy = Odyssey. I guess there was sort of a Food and Wine connection one year? I’m trying here…

Crush = The Land. Truly baffling in every way, not least of which because a marine species is chosen for The LAND pavilion.

Stitch = Mission: Space. Does Stitch even have a presence in the park? This really was a space=aliens=Stitch=profit train of thought, wasn’t it?

These pins are the perfect visual metaphor for how awful the IP/Disney characters in EPCOT directive has been.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I have a growing buttoned shirt collection and wanted to like the blue one but there's very little EPCOT about it, and it captures nothing that makes EPCOT special. It only adds fuel for the "IP into every corner of the park" crowd. So I'll continue on the lookout for EPCOT and Animal Kingdom specific buttoned shirts.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Would it really hurt them to design something subtle for once?

Just a simple polo with an EPCOT logo?

Glad I was able to make something like this up for myself at my old work.

Hopefully the light up SSE has a longer run than the 40th one, and I can pick one up next summer.

View attachment 743078
I saw this shirt the guy is wearing and thought it looked promising for people who like subtle shirts:

Creations-Shop_Full_53013.jpg

And then I saw the back:
Creations-Shop_Full_53019.jpg

TTA94

If only Disney would sell mini SSEs that actually light up like SSE lol. Fans have figured out a way to build it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom