New DVC VP a sign of a seachange?

kapeman

Original Poster
I know many here aren't DVC fans, but the recent announcement of a new VP at DVC to "improve member perks programs and oversee DVC's relationship with its owners. " has me wondering if some of the Spirited Change™ is starting to happen already.

This position has many other duties, many that don't seem to go together:

"Listed responsibilities include supervision of most member communcation outlets (call center, member satisfaction, member accounting, etc.), managing Right of First Refusal buyback decisions on resale transactions, setting the annual points charts, working with exchange companies and working with other Disney and external partners to develop new benefits which enhance member satisfaction."

Your thoughts?

Source DVCnews.com

dreamfinder

I think someone has realized that they can only build so many new DVC locations. And at some point will need to provide a way to continue to feed the internals of the DVC machine. Otherwise how do they sustain themselves? And once they run out of new locations to build, they need something to keep the owners happy and to convince them they got good value for their purchase. And several of those items seem to fit into keeping current owners happy, as well as helping to ensure at least some stream of revenue for DVC once they are built out.

SONNYDNY

I have been a member of DVC from the begining (We still have our 3 mountain hoodies in our closet). Over the years they have taken away more and more perks. Only recently have they started to give some back. It was very frausting seeing a family that came with us on vacation get a better deal. Most of my family members that bought in have since sold their DVC membership at a big loss. Membership is not cheap!!!!

bgraham34

Hope not, but you could be right. Makes sense for them to offer incentives to try to get people to add on more points. I am hoping for more benefits to all. I have no plans to upgrade to 1,000 points just to get some free stuff.

If I had the money to upgrade to buy 1k worth of points i certainly would but I would not need special perks just to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom