New Disney Tix, Older Magic Bands - will they work?

grand314

Original Poster
Going to disney later this summer. Bought plain old Disney tickets for entrance into the park.

Also- bought used Magic Bands that were used back in January 2014. I am seeing if the earlier generation MB (which arent linked to an account) can be used at the FP machines. I am planning to use the magic bands along with my park entrance tickets to FP 6 rides from the get-go.

I know my park tickets get me 3 FP from the start, my question is will older MBs also allow me to reserve 3 FP for other rides?
Thanks

ratherbeinwdw

Going to disney later this summer. Bought plain old Disney tickets for entrance into the park.

Also- bought used Magic Bands that were used back in January 2014. I am seeing if the earlier generation MB (which arent linked to an account) can be used at the FP machines. I am planning to use the magic bands along with my park entrance tickets to FP 6 rides from the get-go.

I know my park tickets get me 3 FP from the start, my question is will older MBs also allow me to reserve 3 FP for other rides?
Thanks
The bands have to be associated with a ticket or they are useless.

grand314

Original Poster
So the eBay MB will no longer work unless linked to an account right?
So only FP passes i can get are the ones i purchased?

Rob562

So the eBay MB will no longer work unless linked to an account right?
So only FP passes i can get are the ones i purchased?

Bands bought on eBay have never worked with anyone other than the original owner.

There currently isn't a way to get a Band without it being linked to someone. And once a Band is linked to someone's account, it's locked to that account. There is no way to switch it to another account.

If the person selling a Band on eBay implied that you could use it for such features, they were either innocently mistaken or outright lying.

Without the Bands, you still have complete access to making FP+ reservations after you link the ticket to your MDE profile. You simply use the ticket itself to check into the FP+ posts at the ride entrances. The only thing the Band would be for you would be a convenience factor of wearing it on your wrist and not having to take your ticket out each time you use FP+.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return

Thanks

An individual person can reserve no more than 3 FP+ ahead of time for themselves. Even if the "used" MB was able to be linked to your MDE account (which it cannot), you would use EITHER the ticket or MB for entry and FP+.

Hopefully you didn't pay much for the MB on eBay, because it's nothing more than a novelty at this point, unfortunately. If you paid big bucks, and they misled you in their ad, I suggest requesting a refund or reporting them to eBay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom