New Disney series 'Behind the Attraction' will go behind-the-curtain at some of Disney's most famous attractions

doctornick

they should just end it. I hate how it's not nearly as well made as the imagineering story.

while I liked the Imagineering Story more (wish that was a longer series with more episodes), I think Behind the Attraction is fun too and has more potential as an ongoing series - there’s easily enough for a third season too. My unscientific eval is that Behind the Attraction is more accessible for casual fans or non fans of the parks and probably better for the broader base of D+ subscribers

doctornick

I haven't seen this mentioned, but there are plans for a second season of Behind the Attraction.

Anyone want to take a guess on what would be featured? Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain seem like givens.

Some thoughts...
Spaceship Earth
Tiki Birds
Indiana Jones Adventure; maybe talking about Dinosaur as well
A broad one on Fireworks. Or Parades. Or nighttime entertainment (e.g. Fantasmic, World of Color, Illuminations, etc)
Flight of Passage or Pandora in general
RSR or Cars Land in general
Buzz Lightyear and/or Toy Story Mania

Well, I got 4 out of the 6.

Maybe some partial credit for Spaceship Earth vs Epcot?

Comped

The nighttime spectacular episode, as someone who studied the topic academically, has written more than a few papers on the subject, and has a huge amount of knowledge about the topic (plus knows/has met a lot of the people behind many of the best shows Disney's ever created for the parks), was extremely painful. The fact they spent most of the episode on shows that no longer exist (but did when the show was being produced) is hilarious. Also a weird over-representation of Tokyo for some reason. Barely any WDW in it either.

The fact there was a 20-year gap where nothing was mentioned between MSEP introduction and Fantasmic (and then spend a few minutes talking about DL's specific version) is revisionist to say the least. Of course, I bet it was because they didn't want to confuse people with history. Nor did one of the interviewees claiming that Fantasmic was the first nighttime spectacular in Disney history actually correct (far from it lady). So much was wrong with the episode, that I was in disbelief (not interviewing almost any of the folks who worked on these earlier shows for one thing - even Fantasmic if you wanted to ignore the historical context)... Well at least it talked about things like Harmonious that no longer exist!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom