New CPer

dreamcometrue

Original Poster
Hey guys,

I'm going down for the first time in March and I'm wicked excited. Do any CPers down there now have any heads-ups for the first day? Are there any new guys that are nervously excited too? And, I've heard that either it's really strict in housing or it's party central... which is it? Important question lol

Also, I'm driving down from NY. Does anyone have any suggestions of cool stuff I should see on the way?

Sorry for the scrambled thoughts. I've been meaning to post for a while so I kind of put everything together.

Hope you guys down there now are having fun and having great weather!

-Elise

DisneyCP2000

Congrats Dreamcometrue! I share in your excitement, even though I'm no longer a cp. LOL.

The apartment complex is exactly as you state it..."really strict in housing or it's party central" It both! There are rules and all, but CPs still know how to have fun.

Pardon the, in my day story, but the parties there are always insane. When I was down there there was a party on a Friday the 13, and building 13 was throwing the party. It was so big that the apt security couldn't even contain the crowd. They resorted in calling the police to break it all up. No arrests, just had to call the cops to break up the crowds. Half the CPs never showed up to work the next day, LOL.

radiohost

Hi there!!! I too am doing the CP, checking in-in March. My check in date is March 29th. Im also driving down all the way from Ohio, so like you I am trying to figure out any rest stops i will take. Feel free to ask any questions on here, i can personally say its been very very helpfull. Have a Great day!!! or shall i say FANTASMIC day!!! lol!!! Yours Truly,
Andrew (Radiohost):cool:

dreamcometrue

Original Poster
heyyy

when are you leaving ohio? are you taking i-95??

and thanks for the insight on housing/partying lol... not that id be interested in partying at all................

radiohost

Yes I am taking I-95. I'm leaving Monday Morning on the 27th, hope to get down near Savannah or at least Colombia S.C. Monday night. Feel free to PM me if you have any comments or questions, look foward to seeing you down there!! Can you believe we check in one month from Wednesday!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: ....Have a FANTASMIC day!!!! Andrew:cool:

TiggersPooh

my brother and I drove down last year march 28th...from cleveland and we made it in one day to St Petersburg (i had a week till checkin)

when driving home I was alone and made it to the Tenn Kentucky border (I was heading to Dayton)

dreamcometrue

Original Poster
omg

you really think you can make it that far? maybe its not as bad from ohio. i'm leaving on saturday and hoping to make it to fredericksburg, va in one day lol. plus i have another driver!!!

it's crazy how fast check-in is coming... i'm so excited i cant stop thinking about it

and of course you have to be 21 to party... of course...:goodnevil

-e

radiohost

Hey!!!!

Oh yeah its easy. Our family has made it a number of times. If I leave round 8 or 9 ( i love early morning drives )then i should get to at least savannah by around 6 or 7. So your going into operations aye??? ME TO!!!:D :D What ride do you want???? Andrew:cool:

radiohost

TiggersPooh said:
remember just because you are in operations doesnt mean you are working a ride (most likely are) you could be a ticket taker or parking.

Hey no kidding. After I made that comment I realized that theres the chance of selling tickets or parking cars:hurl: ....I'm sure that dreamscometrue is wondering if assigned to a ride, what would it be? Thanks for the heads up Pooh!!! Radiohost:cool:

dreamcometrue

Original Poster
well yeah.. but you get moved around within operations right? like, parking cars one day and running a ride another? i already have tons of experience running rides so i hope i get to do more of that. and if i had to pick, probably the haunted mansion cuz it would be fun to hear everyone scream

question: does cp work include mgm? cuz then id def wanna do something there.

radiohost

WDWKat26 said:
My one suggestion:

When you get into FL, stop at the first rest stop there...they give you free Orange Juice :)

That will be the moment that I know that all of this is finally here!!!!! Our family never ever misses the rest area at florida!!!! Gotta love that juice!!! FYI...Its rated the number 1 welcome center in the country:cool:

schroder6452

dreamcometrue said:
well yeah.. but you get moved around within operations right? like, parking cars one day and running a ride another? i already have tons of experience running rides so i hope i get to do more of that. and if i had to pick, probably the haunted mansion cuz it would be fun to hear everyone scream

Nope. You normally stay in your area (attractions or park greeter or parking) Well If there is an untrained position you can pick it up as extra-hours, any one can.

dreamcometrue said:
question: does cp work include mgm? cuz then id def wanna do something there.

Yep CP's work at all the parks.

dreamcometrue

Original Poster
is there a certain way to obtain this orange juice, or will i know once i get there? :) oj's my fave... i'm drinkin some right now

Magicmyway

Aight... to let you all know... NO you dont get moved around. Yeah, you can pick up extra hours for WHAT YOU ARE TRAINED IN! My roommate is in parking and has tried. Believe me.

dreamcometrue

Original Poster
that might be some of the worst news i've heard :-( imagine getting stuck in PARKING?! yuck... if that happens to me i'm gonna cry and then beg to be moved around!!!!!

:king:

DisneyCP2000

dreamcometrue said:
that might be some of the worst news i've heard :-( imagine getting stuck in PARKING?! yuck... if that happens to me i'm gonna cry and then beg to be moved around!!!!!

:king:

If it's any colsolation, you may get to drive Segways around for work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom