New Country in Epcot?

santonucci

Original Poster
When I was at Epcot earlier this year, I thought I saw a new country being built. I asked around and the rumor was Spain/Portugal?

It was decidedly not there the last visit, and large enough to occupy a "full-slice" of the pie. Anyone see this?

Steve

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
there wasn't a new country being built... sorry bud. There was a spanish mini pavilion for the food and wine festival. It proved to be so popular that they kept it around till the beginning of 2003.

Kenan

Gosh, I hope they do end up building Spain afterall. It was so neatly themed back when the Food and Wine festival was going on. Its ashame they even took it down. It looked really good nestled between the Outpost and Germany. They would also have to include an awesome ride in it as well.

WDWSwashbuckler

naaa, just build a second germany or expand upon it, cause Germany is the best country in the world!!! :sohappy: Hee hee, sorry, just got a little over excited!!!

tomman710

I kinda dug the additional countries that were added in that pavillion during the millenium celebration, something like that would be cool. Except for that "Journey into the Bible" Motion Simulator in Isreal ... a Bible ride? Just doesn't seem right ... now a Jesus ride with Samuel L. Jackson playing Jesus would be a good ride.:lol:

durhay

I heard they're adding The Matrix to World Showcase. It's a big room simulator ala Star Tours `and you "ride" a monorail to all the parks, plus you can see Horizons and World Of Motion.:animwink:

imagineersrock

*POOF* big cloud of white smoke clears... ::I'll get you Rob- and you're little Tigger too! Muahahahaaahaaa!::

*poof* (more with the smoke)

:lol: :lookaroun :hammer:

RPMdfw

Originally posted by yellowstoner
IMO they should add Greece. There are so many possiblities. Great food, they can tie in Hercules, how about a ride "with the Gods"?

How about MY BIG FAT GREEK PAVILLION?

hee hee hee

Originally posted by tomman710
I kinda dug the additional countries that were added in that pavillion during the millenium celebration, something like that would be cool. Except for that "Journey into the Bible" Motion Simulator in Isreal ... a Bible ride? Just doesn't seem right ... now a Jesus ride with Samuel L. Jackson playing Jesus would be a good ride.:lol:

yea that would be pretty funny. but i think that someone would take offense to it

santonucci

Original Poster
Millenium Village

Ok, so I started something...

I'm from NJ, so that's nothing new:lol:

So let's continue the new country discussion on the following basis: What country from Millenium Village would you like to see get it's own Epcot land?

My vote is for: Africa (I know it's not a country!) - because the AK Africa theme doesn't dive deep enough into the culture, and I loved the woodcarvers in the kiosk.

Disneyland in Oct. 2003!

mkymaus

Account Suspended
I think I had posted a thread about adding Greece....I think its an awesome idea!! Not only would the food be outstanding, but the deserts and the music, dancing OPA!!!!! And how about all the culture, the history, the Acropolis and Parthenon etc! The greek godesses and gods! I think out of all the left over countries Greece SHOULD be added!
Come on Eisner move your donkey!!!
:sohappy:

5 days till DISNEY BABY!!!!!

trendymagic

I took the Backstage Magic Tour about a month ago. There are room for 5 more countries in EPCOT and Spain is the one they are currently working on, but nothing is locked in as of yet.

-jason

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom