New Coaster

Bairstow

What was so bad about Antarctica? I actually liked it.

It's bad because there's nothing to it.
You've got these nice big fancy ride vehicles that are capable of all sorts of weird stuff, and they don't actually do anything besides basically tiptoe around each other to avoid colliding with each other in the tiny track space. There's almost nothing to see in the first part of the ride, which is essentially just wall after wall of unrealistic fiberglass "ice" with colored lights around it. It's a bad situation when your dark ride is indistinguishable from its own queue. It might be taken to be impressionistic or whimsical, but the rest of the ride doesn't follow that tone or aesthetic at all. The second half is just a series tepid moving theater segments. If Sea World had wanted to have a moving theater attraction, that's what they should have built, because there's certainly nothing in the attraction to justify it being a vehicle-based ride.

It's neat that it's cold in there and the actual penguin exhibit worlds better than the old one, but the ride itself is a criminal waste of an interesting premise and a good hardware.

cheezbat

While I like the first room in Antartica, after that the ride gets boring. Flat screen followed by flat screen....and then...penguin habitat reveal! Ride's over in a minute and a half! Way too short. It should've been more dark ride, less video screens in plain rooms, and probably used a simpler mode of transportation to save money...which they then could have used to add about seven scenes to the ride.

StageFrenzy

What I really want to know is if all the people responsible for that ride are still there. Somebody should have been given walking papers. I wouldn't be surprised if the original vision of the attraction was good before the budget cuts. Do you blame the accountants for cutting so much, the creative for not fighting harder or the exec for rubber stamping it.

JoeCamel

What I really want to know is if all the people responsible for that ride are still there. Somebody should have been given walking papers. I wouldn't be surprised if the original vision of the attraction was good before the budget cuts. Do you blame the accountants for cutting so much, the creative for not fighting harder or the exec for rubber stamping it.

The number I heard was $40,000,000 spent on that area/ride? If correct you would think that was plenty to do it right? Too bad they missed

lazyboy97o

SeaWorld's new CEO just brought in a new head of their creative department. I don't have time to look up their names. Driving.
He brought Anthony Esparza with him from Herschend but Brian Morrow is still in charge of actual creative development. Unlike Disney or even Universal, SeaWorld has a very, very small staff and brings in a lot of freelancers and consultants for each project.

UpAllNight

Absolutely cannot wait for this coaster. My only hope is it's more Manta than Kraken in terms of how beautifully it is integrated into the surroundings. With 3 (hopefully) world class B&Ms, Seaworlds lineup of attractions is finally starting to look more competitive. We love the laid back nature of this park compared to the crowds elsewhere and found enough to do to fill out 2 days....with their plans for building a hotel on site, I hope they intend on padding the park out further. We would have no hesitation at spending a third day here if they keep on adding.

Any rumours of a new ride for 2017?

Bairstow

They revealed the trains' nose today.

I really like it.
The styling and paintjob immediately reminds me of the various "mako" corvettes.
corvette_xp_755_shark_concept_car_2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom