New attraction for Blizzard Beach in 2019?

cheezbat

Original Poster
At the IAAPA convention held in Orlando back in November, Proslide had a board mentioning projects with multiple parks in 2019...and Blizzard Beach was one of the parks mentioned.

Has anyone heard anything about this? It seems to have snuck up on us...but it’s well past overdue for Blizzard to finally get some love! I wonder if it’ll be a more extreme attraction, maybe a watercoaster for the park...or maybe more body slides?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
At the IAAPA convention held in Orlando back in November, Proslide had a board mentioning projects with multiple parks in 2019...and Blizzard Beach was one of the parks mentioned.

Has anyone heard anything about this? It seems to have snuck up on us...but it’s well past overdue for Blizzard to finally get some love! I wonder if it’ll be a more extreme attraction, maybe a watercoaster for the park...or maybe more body slides?

Run off Rapids still has one slide that has not been restored to operation. This is probably it.

cheezbat

Original Poster
Probably - they’ve had a lot of technical difficulties in recent years. They’ve even had to close the park here and they’re because of it. Nobody on these boards has reported a new ride so I wouldn’t get your hopes up!
Well wouldn’t that be a major disappointment.

Disney really phones it in when it comes to their water parks. They deserve much better.

cheezbat

Original Poster
There so good though, especially Typhoon Lagoon. :cry:
But they could be(and should be) so much more. You have two very busy waterparks with space for more...and so few rides compared to many of the bigger waterparks around the country...not to mention how many newer innovations have been displayed around the world, and Disney is very far behind all the competition.

Kman101

It needs something. I can't imagine it's a massive draw anymore, honestly. Most people talk about Typhoon and no one wants to go to Blizzard Beach (obviously people still go to it ...). 2019? They better get crackin' ...

But they could be(and should be) so much more. You have two very busy waterparks with space for more...and so few rides compared to many of the bigger waterparks around the country...not to mention how many newer innovations have been displayed around the world, and Disney is very far behind all the competition.

This. They've definitely fallen behind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom