New additions timeframe (Tron, Gaurdians etc)

disneyREINA

Original Poster
I know they say 2021 and “by the 50th anniversary” but does anyone know when that actually is? By end of summer?
Mainly for Tron and Gaurdians of galaxy?

I’m getting annual passes but want to try and purchase them so that they expire after the opening of the new attractions. What do you guys think? End of summer?

NickMaio

Not sure - no official dates yet.
WDW can take a while to have a ride up and running.

I would say Christmas - - shoot a PM to Martin - he would know.

Weather_Lady

The official anniversary is October 1, 2021, although I'm sure the celebration will kick off earlier than that. Candidly, I wouldn't trust any projected opening date or even year at this point.

We visit once every 2-3 years and so far, every single time we've visited WDW, there have been announced projects that were "supposed" to have been opened for months by the time we visited based on the initial projections, but were so delayed that we had to wait a few years until the next go-round to see them.

rreading

This link is as good as you're likely to get as an answer

justintheharris

I know they say 2021 and “by the 50th anniversary” but does anyone know when that actually is? By end of summer?
Mainly for Tron and Gaurdians of galaxy?

I’m getting annual passes but want to try and purchase them so that they expire after the opening of the new attractions. What do you guys think? End of summer?
To save you a couple clicks, I believe Guardians of the Galaxy has always been expected in spring of 2021 and originally I was hearing the buzz that Tron would be mid to late 2021 but was recently told it's slated for spring 2021. HOWEVER, of course that is just a rumor.

JIMINYCR

I dont think anyone can count on having a date predicted that will be specific enough to make plans around. Disney in the past announces dates but more often than not they end up extending the openings due to construction delays, plan changes, problems found during soft openings, and a host of other issues. Im sure their goal is/ they are pushing hard to have everything up and running for the 50th but anything can happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom