New ABC Shows

surfsupdon

Hope and Faith was absolutely terrible. For TGIF, which gears to the younger set, the show was highly sexual with dirty, filthy jokes concerning "holes in a females langerie for easy access" and "getting felt up under every single shirt she owns." Not to mention the high level of cleavage Ms Ripa was sporting throughout. Trashy show with little laughs.

Bonnie, yet again, was a great show. Very, very funny and makes you laugh at the simple family things, not going the dirty low road with an abundance of ______ jokes.

Bonnie is the only ABC show I think I watch anymore....thats sad. I watch ABC family, however, for step by step and growing pains.

Hope and Faith was terrible, Bonnie was super!!

surfsupdon

Again, I cannot say enough of how bad and sexually inappropriate Hope and Faith was for a tgif lineup. Too much ______ and not funny enough.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by surfsupdon
Again, I cannot say enough of how bad and sexually inappropriate Hope and Faith was for a tgif lineup. Too much ______ and not funny enough.

Yeah, if I can guess what the blank means right (three letter word), I agree with you on that. That was a little disappointing to me. I like Faith Ford and Kelly Rippa and the chemestry between them, but I did think the show was a little to provacative. I'm hoping that that was just in that episode and that it will not be a continuing theme. If it is however, I agree that I probably won't be watching it too much anymore. Too bad, though. It had such promise. :(

surfsupdon

The show concentrated its very first episode in a more sexual way than in a family way. I do not see a change in the near future with the abundance of such tasteless remarks, jokes, and sight gags that abounded in the supposed family friendly tgif.

Shame.

CTXRover

The "new" TGIF lineup is intended to be a little more "hip" than the old TGIF. Not sure if I think that is appropriate, but that is their thoughts nevertheless and why both George Lopez and Hope and Faith were a little more "provocative" than I would have liked. However, I don't like Kelly Ripa, but I thought her show actually had some potential. Other than that, I haven't watched any of ABC's new shows beyond the WWofD.

Speaking of WWofD, I like when Michael Eisner does his little talk in the beginning. I'm glad he did that last night and I'm glad to hear that WWofD is the longest running "series" of all time. I watched Remember the Titans last night and thought it was a great film. Too bad I didn't see it in the theaters.

I also think they made a VERY smart move to "re-do" The Practice and fire most of the cast. It used to be my favorite show until it started to get wierd and the lawyers were committing crimes and oh, nevermind. I'm gonna give this "new" Practice a chance tonight.

catinthehat

Original Poster
I checked the website and it looks they are: I'm With Her, Threat Matrix, It's All Relative, and Hope & Faith, Karen Sisco, and 10-8.

Karen Sisco looks interesting, but I don't know if I'll watch.

Kenan

Did any of yous catch Its All Relative on Wednesday night? That show was too funny. I was laughing the whole time I watched it. That is one show I will continue watching on Wednesdays.

CTXRover

Originally posted by Kenan
Did any of yous catch Its All Relative on Wednesday night? That show was too funny. I was laughing the whole time I watched it. That is one show I will continue watching on Wednesdays.

I saw it too. I think it has the most potential at of all the new shows on any station I've seen. Very funny. I haven't actually laughed out loud during a sitcom (aside from a joke or two) like that in a long time.

SpongeScott

My wife and I have watched I'm With Her and have enjoyed it quite a bit. I hope it sticks, but new shows that we usually like end up in the dumpster! Of course, our staple is 8 Simple Rules (which will now get really interesting and I still cannot believe that John Ritter is dead) and According to Jim--my favorite sitcom on TV today.

belle88

It's All Relative

I thought the first episode of It's All Relative was really funny, so I watched it again last night. Pretty funny how Liz made her finance apologize to all of his ex-girlfriends -- can't say I'd ever make my BF do that! I really like them as a couple.

surfsupdon

I hope that Life with Bonnie sticks.

I did not watch it last year, but my family did, I started this year and its a great show and bonnie is so talented!

meeko_33785

Yeah, I agree. Bonnie is one of the best shows on TV today. The only thing I don't like is that they put it on at 9:30 at night! It seems like a much more family-oriented show than any of the others in the line up. It should have the 8:00 time slot. It would probably get more of an audience that way.

Tried watching "Hope and Faith" this week and while I thought it was better than the first epsisode, it still wasn't that good. Not as provocative but still a bit too much for my taste. I'm probabably giving up on this one. Too bad though. I usually like Faith Ford and the theme song is pretty good (what is it like the only theme song on TV now?)

SpongeScott

We had nothing to do this Friday evening, so we gave TGIF a whirl.

George Lopez--some funny moments, but the storyline of a grandmother getting gonorrhea? That was a bit too much.

Married to the Kellys--enjoyed this.

Hope and Faith--enjoyed this one too. My wife really likes Kelly Ripa. Obviously toned down in content from the first show.

Life with Bonnie--I don't care for Bonnie, though I was :lol: when the Smothers Brothers were on there. Alas, it's not their show. Wife likes Bonnie; it must be me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom