New 350 room DVC Tower coming to DL

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Plans have been filed for a new DVC Tower to be built next to the Disneyland Hotel.

I realise this is the WDW forum, but it’s still relevant to DVC so it’s worth discussing here too.

This is huge news for DVC. I don’t pretend to even remember the arguments why this “could never happen” - something to do with the proportion of rooms and Anaheim rules etc. But I’m stunned by this.

dmdrewitt

Did y'all see the end of the article? It said that there is another DVC planned for the Epcot area in December and then one in the Magic Kingdom area in 2022. Unless they're talking about Riviera and Reflections, I don't know. I was thinking something new? Does anybody know?

I think you are correct.

Riviera is next to Epcot and opens December 2019, and Reflections is near MK. I haven't heard of any other Florida DVC plans.

FCivish3

Absolutely great news. And, frankly, I am shocked that it is even possible, because I, too, heard that Anaheim was limiting Disney to 150 total Timeshare Units. Clearly, that is not the case with this building, AND, from the article, it seems to also have the support of the City leaders.

The location is rather poor. It appears to be in back, southwest corner of the current Disneyland Hotel property, and IT IS EVEN FARTHER AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN DISNEY THAN PARADISE PIER. And, I told myself I would 'probably' never stay in Paradise Pier again, since it was so far away from DT Disney.

I guess we will see. I would hope that having another DVC property nearby might cause the price of Grand Californian points on the Resale Market to drop, so I could buy some. But, truthfully, that probably isn't going to happen? Why? Because Grand Californian is a premium building in an amazing location AND, the per point cost to stay in this new building is likely to be even higher than Grand Californian. Maybe I should just break down and start looking for some Grand Californian points to buy.

correcaminos

Did y'all see the end of the article? It said that there is another DVC planned for the Epcot area in December and then one in the Magic Kingdom area in 2022. Unless they're talking about Riviera and Reflections, I don't know. I was thinking something new? Does anybody know?
It's Rivera and Reflections they are referring to.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Been busy with work and was coming to see if it was posted.

About time! Not thrilled with the location though but hey.

Wait!

About time the news was posted or about time they built more DVC rooms?

Just kidding, I think I know what you mean.😉

This has been discussed a little bit on the Disneyland board but just wanted to post it here.

The new tower at the Disneyland hotel would have 271 larger studios, 38 smaller two-person studios, 20 two-bedroom suites, 19 one-bedroom suites and two Grand Villas.

correcaminos

This has been discussed a little bit on the Disneyland board but just wanted to post it here.

The new tower at the Disneyland hotel would have 271 larger studios, 38 smaller two-person studios, 20 two-bedroom suites, 19 one-bedroom suites and two Grand Villas.
I was discussing it elsewhere. If this proposed plan is true, it will likely not help us as there are only 20 2 bedrooms. That's tiny amount. Guess the push for studios are large at DLR.

I was discussing it elsewhere. If this proposed plan is true, it will likely not help us as there are only 20 2 bedrooms. That's tiny amount. Guess the push for studios are large at DLR.
Yeah, I was a little disappointed about the small number of 1 and 2 bedroom villas but I understand it.

Getting anything at the 7 month window for the Grand Californian is challenging but I’ve had a lot more success getting 2 bedroom villas than getting studios.

I’m still excited though. It’ll be nice to have options at Disneyland. I live here on the west coast and while I love the Grand, the thing I like most about WDW is being able to stay at different places and having a different experience when I do go versus always doing the same thing here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom