Needs a dose of Geritol....

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
Steve, something is slowing this site down to a dead stop sometimes. I don't know what it needs, maybe a new air filter (my car used to slow down when it needed changing). Others have said it was happening to them as well.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
When did it begin? Are you still seeing the issue now?
A couple of days ago. No normal time. It comes and goes. I find it mostly in the evening (est) so I assumed it maybe had something to do with volume of activity. It's working well right now, but, can suddenly lapse into taking 5 or 6 seconds for a single typed letter to appear. It seemed OK on Sunday... but, it morphed into a problem on Saturday and Tuesday night.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
A couple of days ago. No normal time. It comes and goes. I find it mostly in the evening (est) so I assumed it maybe had something to do with volume of activity. It's working well right now, but, can suddenly lapse into taking 5 or 6 seconds for a single typed letter to appear. It seemed OK on Sunday... but, it morphed into a problem on Saturday and Tuesday night.
So you are seeing the problem as issues with typing into the reply box? It isn't an issue with pages loading slowly?

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
So you are seeing the problem as issues with typing into the reply box? It isn't an issue with pages loading slowly?
If they are loading slowly, it isn't enough difference to be noticeable. So yes, it is primarily trying to get the post message in place. A minor delay in actually posting it when complete, but, nothing worth worrying about. However when trying to keep a fluid thought going while typing it in... it is a major problem. Type two letters and wait for it to show up. Type one letter and wait. Type more then that and one inevitably ends up trying to make a correction and that takes what seems a lifetime.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If they are loading slowly, it isn't enough difference to be noticeable. So yes, it is primarily trying to get the post message in place. A minor delay in actually posting it when complete, but, nothing worth worrying about. However when trying to keep a fluid thought going while typing it in... it is a major problem. Type two letters and wait for it to show up. Type one letter and wait. Type more then that and one inevitably ends up trying to make a correction and that takes what seems a lifetime.
That sounds like it may be an ad related issue. Sometimes we get misbehaving ads which occupy system resources, and there result is often slow typing. Have you noticed if the same ad is appearing each time you have the issue?

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
That sounds like it may be an ad related issue. Sometimes we get misbehaving ads which occupy system resources, and there result is often slow typing. Have you noticed if the same ad is appearing each time you have the issue?
I hadn't noticed, but, I will watch for it and let you know if that is the case.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That seems reasonable. Unfortunately I'm incredibly frugal... got any Holiday specials? LOL I tend to pinch pennies around Christmas especially when it comes to buying gifts for myself. Eh. It looks like a fair price though!
Yes unfortunately the site has to be funded one way or the other, and the only option is advertising and/or subscriptions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom