Need your creative advice!

cub21rak

Original Poster
So today I just got my girls new to us dressers. I'm wanting to paint them and do Disney themed stuff.
Here's my ideas
First I would sand down each dresser and paint each one all white.
For my 4 y/o I was thinking of having each drawer painted a different color theme to match a different princess. 5 drawers.
Then the door I was going to move the position of the handle and do a full door length decal of her favorite princess.

For my 2 y/o I was thinking each drawer have painted and have different patterns to match the main characters
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, daisy, goofy
Then have the decal on the door of Mickey and Minnie.

Maybe each drawer also have some key catch phrases or words taken from each character/movie.
I'm not sure artsy or creative so making this happen might be a little challenge for me. So any advice is great. Also if you have any pictures showing patterns matching what I want to do to the drawers please share.
Please help me make this happen!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 86

cub21rak

Original Poster
Thanks for the well wishes. Today I've started to sand down some drawers. Home Depot used to carry glidden paint colors matching disney but they don't anymore. But if I bring in the color name they can look through their system and match. Ill be able to find those colors on the glidden web site.
These drawers are handled and I've been looking for disney themed handles with no luck. All I've found is knobs so I might have to fill the current holes then make a new one for a single . I've found plenty princess knobs but not as many main character knobs so ill have to keep searching.
Again, any advice or creative ideas welcome.

MeffysMom

I believe Wal-Mart carries Disney paint. For the handles and knobs, if you have any decal you like, you could paint the knobs solid color, affix the decal and then finish with a clear coat of paint or sealant.

Good luck!

Livialovesdisney

That sounds super cute :) You are a great mom to do this for your kids! I like your idea of painting each drawer different colors to match the characters. I'm going to attach some photos for you, just so can look over some other work and see what you want to do, I tried to find furniture similar to what you want to achieve.

Here you go:
60548cd18307cecfed5af11891fc9145.jpg

dresser2.jpg

tumblr_luy1oqDke41r16vq9.jpg

1907411_10152664487933417_1610445014003629997_n.jpg

Minnie&Mickey.jpg

Alright, good luck to you!! If you would like more, let me know and I will keep browzing online! I'm not sure if I'm too late, but I hope I helped and the project is going good! Bye!

Attachments

• d4cce64e18f785c2873ed44a4d9e6a2e.jpg
    d4cce64e18f785c2873ed44a4d9e6a2e.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 73

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom